Medical Study Abroad Programs – Yes! You can study medical programs abroad. No matter your destination, there are lots of medical programs for you abroad. Of course, medical courses allows you to impact positively on the world.
If you choose to study medical programs abroad, you have the chance touring round the country of your dream therefore; expanding you learning experience.
There are so many study abroad programs for international students who wish to explore their medical skills. These programs are designed to train your knowledge and skill in the field of medicine.
1. Shadow doctors in Spain. 20+ AAMC-compliant hrs/week.
The Atlantis Fellowship gives pre-medical and pre-health students AAMC-compliant, ethical shadowing hours in international hospitals.
The Atlantis mission is to help pre-medical and pre-health students pursue their callings in medicine passionately through their interactions with international healthcare.
Atlantis is committed to partnering with students on their way to becoming a doctor, which is why we carefully design and run competitive Fellowships to give you experiences that can help you get into medical school. Shadow doctors in Spain this summer for 20+ hours/week in various specialties, and immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Rotate through different specialties to gain exposure to various medical practices and procedures.
- Join our Fellowships to make the most of your winter or summer – no need to take time off during your semesters!
- Immerse yourself in a fellowship abroad to understand healthcare in a global context, and embark on weekly excursions to experience international culture, sights, and food.
- Join a network of accomplished Atlantis Fellows and doctors from around the world.
- We also have programs to help students prepare for the MCAT.
2. Semester in Melbourne – La Trobe University
Study in one of the most livable cities in the world at one of the top universities in Australia, La Trobe. On Semester in Melbourne, you will get the best of all worlds: suburban living with an amazing city outside your door and exceptional academics with experiential learning opportunities. You will experience:
The cultural capital of Australia – Melbourne is the birthplace of Australian film and impressionistic art, and is home to many concerts of traditional and contemporary Australian music.
Exceptional academics – La Trobe University is one of the top universities in Australia and was named one of the top 150 universities in the world by the UK Times.
Science courses with fieldwork – Interested in getting some hands-on field experience while studying? Semester in Melbourne offers some courses that do just that.
Vibrant campus community – You’ll be living on campus, and you’ll see that each residence hall has its own personality and culture. It’s easy to really get involved in and acclimated to your new home.
CISabroad Culture and Adventure Program – When you arrive in Australia, we’ll give you a stellar orientation to the Great Barrier Reef and beyond.
- Large, diverse multinational student body
- Vibrant campus community with highly active residence life
- Robust academic offerings, from liberal arts to education, applied sciences to media studies
- On campus living with single dorm rooms—no roommates
- Extensive sports facilities on campus.
3. IES Abroad London – Health Practice & Policy
Don’t just learn about health care in a classroom—immerse yourself through theory and practice. Study compelling public health issues in the United Kingdom and Kingston, Jamaica, that are affecting local communities, regions, and the global population.
The curriculum for this program was created to meet the academic needs and interests of students in pre-professional medical studies and public health majors and minors, as well as students studying Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology.
Through our program, you discover the different perspectives, challenges, and needs of diverse populations in London and Kingston with a once-in-a-lifetime service learning opportunity.
During the final 10 days of the term, you participate in an extended course-related trip to Kingston, Jamaica, hosted by the University of the West Indies School of Nursing, Mona. Learn about the health care issues in a developing economy through lectures, discussions, and observation at community health clinics and local NGOs.
- Enroll in Health Studies courses at the IES Abroad Center in London and take a health course taught at City, University of London or the School of Global Health at Queen Mary, University of London.
- Earn academic credit in a supervised service learning placement.
- Round out your curriculum with your choice of one Study London elective course.
- Travel to Jamaica for the final 8-10 days of the program for an intensive field study of health care in Jamaica.
- Go on optional IES Abroad field trips to locations of historical and cultural relevance such as Edinburgh, Stonehenge, and Stratford-upon-Avon.
4. API at Universidad de Cadiz in Cadiz, Spain
To study abroad in Cadiz, Spain means studying in a location a bit off the beaten path in terms of American study abroad students.
This makes it easier for students to practice their Spanish language skills and become embedded in the southern Spanish lifestyle known for its hospitality. Its the perfect chance to speak Spanish all the time and gain fluency.
All students benefit from a friendly, knowledgeable program director that helps them adjust to life in Spain. The city of about 160,000 is only six miles from the beautiful and clean beaches on the Gulf of Cadiz.
Visitors are drawn to sites like Catedral Vieja, Museo Provincial, Catedral Nueva, and Museo Histórico.
This location is a good fit for a motivated student and traveler with intermediate to superior Spanish speaking abilities. A new The API Gives Back Program is offered here which allows students to pursue environmental studies.
- Students can be fully immersed in Spanish language and culture through homestays and direct enroll classes with local students.
- Internships are offered for credits in areas such as education, business, tourism, and more.
- Cadiz is easy to get around on foot while enjoying the city’s beauty.
- Few Americans study in Cadiz so it is easy to meet locals and integrate into local culture.
- Cadiz is located only five minutes’ walking distance from the ocean.
5. Athena Study Abroad in Aberdeen, Scotland
Athena Study Abroad offers students the opportunity to study Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics courses in Scotland at the University of Aberdeen.
The Old Aberdeen campus is the historic heart of the university and combines immaculately preserved buildings with modern facilities for learning, research, and recreation. The charming atmosphere is perfect for inspiring students while Scotland.
Aberdeen is a blend of old and new, which makes for a deep study abroad experience. The students’ eyes soak in the city’s impressive granite buildings, letting them know history surrounds them. Aberdeen features green parks and open spaces, with a beach just east of the city and the hills not far away.
Where else can students have lectures in the morning and ski in the afternoon, or sail, or wind surf, or hill climb, or canoe? The University of Aberdeen is a phenomenal choice for students looking for alternatives to England and Ireland while also being the best location for those looking to take STEM classes. The University of Aberdeen is STEM certified.
- When you are at the heart of Old Aberdeen, you will feel like you are on the set of Harry Potter, being surrounded by Gothic buildings and archways! This city is a melting pot of the old and new.
- Aberdeen is a charming Scottish city with charming Scottish people. This young college town boasts many cultural and community activities to partake in.
- Want to show off your athletic skills in Scotland? Past Athena students have joined the University athletic teams and competed inter-scholastically.
- STEM Majors, rejoice! IT can be difficult for STEM majors to find a place to study abroad. Fortunately, Athena’s Scotland program has tons of STEM courses for you.
- Aberdeen has been named the safest city in the UK according to the international consulting firm Mercer.
6. Spanish Immersion Programs | Learn Spanish in Latin America
Maximo Nivel offers the most intensive and professional Spanish immersion program in Latin America. Our Native Spanish Program emphasizes oral communication and integrated skills development to truly help build your Spanish language proficiency – this is a great immersion experience!
Our native-speaking Spanish teachers are highly qualified professional instructors with years of experience. Our Tandem Conversation program pairs Spanish program participants with our local English students for free conversation practice.
- Earn 3-4 university credits via our official School of Record: California State University-Monterey Bay.
- Study Spanish 1, 2, 3 or 4+ hours per day; with super intensive programs also available.
- Join our Free Tandem Conversation Program for optimum language immersion.
- Live with a host family, in an apartment, or in a hostel or hotel.
- Take our Preparation for the DELE Exam as well as sign up for special add-on programs, including Surf School, Scuba Certification, Yoga Certification, and more.
7. Future-Focused Study Abroad: IFSA in Australia
Australia offers an amazing combination of the rugged Outback, the urban sophistication of cities like Sydney, and the laid-back nature of its coastal cities.
Australia features unusual geological rock formations, unique wildlife, ancient fossils, and Aboriginal rock carvings, while the semitropical rain forests and Great Barrier Reef offer enticing possibilities for exploration.
Along the coasts, large cities provide plenty of opportunities for culture, sports and entertainment. You can study at any one of 17 prestigious Australian universities. Consider experiencing the excitement of a large university in one of Australia’s metropolitan areas.
Or, if you are looking for more personal attention, consider a smaller university off the beaten path. No matter where you choose to study, this unique country offers an unforgettable experience and excellent academic choices.
- Australian universities are comprehensive and offer a very high quality education.
- Work up to 20 hours per week on your student visa to earn money while studying abroad
- High faculty-to-student ratio ensures personal attention
- Gain valuable experience through an internship program that combines a workplace assignment with a substantial research project
- Study subjects from a wide range of disciplines.
8. Integrated Studies Program – Seville
The Integrated Studies program offers students the best combination of cultural preparation, specially designed courses, and guided direct enrollment at local universities.
Designed for the advanced student that has completed two semesters of advanced college Spanish, students combine study at the Spanish Studies Abroad Center with courses at Universidad de Sevilla (USEV) or Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO).
At the Center, you immerse yourself in Spanish language and culture through courses specially designed for non-Spanish students, while fulfilling the requirements needed for Spanish, international studies, business, education, and other majors.
In addition to living in a Spanish home, you are given the opportunity to participate in a full array of study tours, cultural events, and social activities.
At the Center, you also benefit from the expertise of the staff, who guide you to more fully immerse yourself in the sevillano community through volunteer work, local clubs, internships, etc.
- Fall, Spring, or Academic Year Programs: 12 – 18 credits per semester
- Semesters begin with an intensive language and culture period (Monday-Friday)
- After the intensive period, students take 1-3 courses at the Center in Seville, as well as 1-3 courses at Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- All courses are taught in Spanish by highly qualified Spanish university professors
- Students may select to live with a local host family or in a student residential.
9. Nursing and Pre-Med Traveling Summer Program in Europe
Make the most of your summer by traveling through Europe and taking classes related to your major!
FN Summer in Europe offers a variety of courses related to nursing and pre-med in the European Union, along with other options for elective credit. See more than you could ever imagine in one summer with Forum-Nexus Study Abroad and new friends from around the world! It’s free to apply online.
- Travel to 9+ cities in 1 month.
- Learn about healthcare in Europe.
- Taking regular courses and independent study courses.
- Meet other students from around the world.
- Gain valuable travel experience.
10. TEAN: University of Auckland
With more than 27,000 students, the University of Auckland is New Zealand’s largest university as well as its highest-ranked institution. The 55-acre city campus is set in park-like grounds a mere 5-minute walk from downtown Auckland, a bustling cosmopolitan port city of 1.2 million.
Along with a wide range of courses and high academic standard, the university offers students the unique opportunity to enjoy the city’s attractions just steps away from campus, as well as stunning natural surroundings and beaches just a short drive or ferry ride away.
Students also can take advantage of access to TEAN’s Auckland-based Resident Director, an exciting an educational orientation at the beginning of the semester, optional trips and more.
- Start the semester in Queenstown, the adventure capital of the world, for TEAN’s included Orientation Excursion.
- Study at the University of Auckland, the country’s largest and highest ranking university that’s listed in the top 50 schools in the world for civil engineering, education, accounting and finance.
- Experience living with local and international students in convenient and comfortable university housing.
- Live in Auckland, the largest city in New Zealand, known for its friendly vibe, magnificent coastline and plethora of outdoor activities.
- Appreciate access to TEAN’s Auckland-based Resident Director and other in-country TEAN staff for semester-long support and take advantage of an optional planned trip to Thailand.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.