5. ISA Study Abroad in Madrid, Spain
Madrid, the capital and geographic center of Spain, is a wonderfully vibrant city with rich cultural, artistic, and intellectual activity. ISA offers the chance to study at two great Spanish universities in Madrid, the Universidad Antonio de Nebrija and the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
The Universidad Antonio de Nebrija is a private and independent university which welcomes students from all over the world to experience modern Spain in a traditional university setting. The university aspires to maintain the highest quality of scientific investigation and academic instruction.
The Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) is an innovative public research university that is focused on improving society through the highest quality teaching and research. Founded in 1989 and named for Charles III of Spain, the University has been ranked as a top 50 university under 50 years old by QS World University Rankings.
6. CEA Study Abroad in Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain’s second-largest city, features a cosmopolitan atmosphere, a temperate climate, marvelous art, and fantastic opportunities to learn. Gaze upon Antoni Gaudí’s gothic Sagrada Familia, the church of the Holy Family. Enjoy delicious tapas as you socialize with new friends. Experience the thrill of soccer at Europe’s largest stadium, Camp Nou.
To give you the widest range of options, CEA partners with some of Spain’s best universities, including University of Barcelona, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, University of Vic, and Pompeu Fabra University. You can study at one of these prestigious institutions, or at CEA’s Barcelona Center, located in the heart of the city. You can also experience both with a hybrid learning program.
- Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
- Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
- Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
- Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
- Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions.
Study abroad with ISA in Valencia, Spain’s third largest city. Located on the Mediterranean coast approximately 200 miles south of Barcelona, Valencia has a rich history and is often referred to as one of Spain’s more modern cities. Celebrations and festivals throughout the year, like the Fallas, provide an excellent opportunity for study abroad students to witness Spanish character at its best.
ISA offers courses through four universities – the Unviersity of Valencia, Universidad Catolica de Valencia (UCV), Universidad Politecnica de Valencia (UPV) and Florida State University Study Center.
The San Sebastián program opens an academic window on the Spanish and Basque people, introducing you to the rich diversity of Spain and offering a truly multicultural experience.
San Sebastián has the highest level of bilingualism of any of the area’s cities: all of its inhabitants speak Spanish, and one third speak Basque as well. In addition to American students, European students also participate in the San Sebastián program.
- Study Spanish and Basque language and culture while you live it in activities such as hiking, cultural events, and the conversation partner program with local students
- Live in a stunning location on Spain’s beautiful northern coast, twenty minutes from the border of France—with easy connections to Madrid, Bilbao, and major European cities
- Benefit from San Sebastián’s well-known, cuisine and beautiful beaches. Surf the Basque Country with locals to see why San Sebastián is known as one of the top destinations for surfing in Europe
- Join excursions in Spain and the French Basque Country to prehistoric caves, mountains, and traditional fishing villages
- Sign up for the optional Madrid Tour/Field Study and earn credit while exploring one of Europe’s most exciting capital cities.
Live and learn in Valencia, one of Spain’s most cosmopolitan cities, while focusing your studies on Spanish language/culture and business.
Its location on the Mediterranean coast and status as one of Spain’s most cultural and cutting-edge cities means that you can attend stimulating courses at one of Spain’s most beautiful and sustainable campuses, round off your day by visiting museums or performing arts venues, and grab a casual or upscale meal at one of the cities internationally-renowned eateries.
You will have the opportunity to study the Spanish language and the intricacies of Spanish culture, history, and society through a wide selection of academic courses, supplemented by included field trips.
- Live in a cutting-edge city rich in culture—with picturesque museums, historic monuments, modern performing arts venues, and the City of Arts and Sciences, a unique complex devoted to scientific and cultural dissemination.
- Complete up to three semesters of university Spanish language coursework in only one semester or focus on STEM prerequisites.
- Explore the third-largest city in Spain on Valencia’s 120+ kilometers of bike lanes and garden causeways that connect this bike-friendly city’s most important and desirable areas.
- Enjoy all that this coastal city has to offer, from miles of beaches, to seaside promenades.
Advance your Spanish with both formal study and first-hand cultural experience during this four-week program in Málaga, Spain. You’ll have the unique opportunity to make friends with students from around the world by living together on a high school campus.
In your free time, you can explore Málaga, lounge on the beach—which is just a 5-minute walk from campus—or play sports like soccer, volleyball, and basketball. On weekends, join friends on trips to destinations in southern Spain such as the famous and beautiful Alhambra in Granada and the sun-drenched cities of Seville, Cordoba, and Marbella.
As you explore your community, you’re bound to notice southern Spain’s laid-back and social culture. You’ll find that people like to take a step back and enjoy life. The primary focus of this program will be language-learning, so take advantage of the immersion experience and really skyrocket your Spanish skills!
- Immerse yourself in Spanish and build your language skills through formal study and first-hand cultural experience
- Experience the vibrant street culture of Spain and sample traditional Spanish cuisine like tapas.
- Live with a host family to deepen your immersion and connection to Spanish culture. If you’re like most AFSers, you won’t want to leave this second family and home.
- Make connections and memories you’ll never forget with other AFS exchange students from all over the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resume. Help create a more peaceful, understanding world.
You can accomplish a lot in two weeks! Start with immersive Spanish language lessons, and soon you‘ll be ready to go out and interact with the community. After class, you and your group of U.S. teens will join in Spain’s festive culture while exploring palaces, castles, churches, and Roman ruins in Valladolid and nearby Madrid.
You’ll gain further insight into the region’s culture and history by living with a host family, who will welcome you into their daily life.
You’ll also have the chance to meet with local Spanish teens and members of the Roma community to share stories and gain new perspectives. Finally, you and your friends can make an impact by accompanying a group of refugee children on a field trip to a science museum.
- Bond with your host family while living in the city of Valladolid in Northern Spain
- Advance your Spanish skills by taking language classes and exploring the community
- Learn about local culture and history by visiting palaces, castles, and Roman ruins
- Participate in volunteer projects to help refugees in Spain
- Visit nearby destinations like Madrid, Salamanca, and Segovia and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
SAI invites students to experience Barcelona’s vibrant diversity! SAI’s partner school, the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), is a dynamic institution with an excellent reputation in Spain and globally.
With its roots in the Catalan tradition, UAB offers a unique opportunity for study abroad students to enroll in English-taught courses in the heart of Barcelona. The hub of the study abroad program is at the Sant Pau campus, a stunning display of Catalan Modernist architecture situated in downtown Barcelona.
In addition to supporting students throughout their stay in Barcelona, SAI also coordinates a range of activities and excursions throughout the term, including a weekend trip to Seville (semester only), cooking classes, a Flamenco dance demonstration, a Barcelona scavenger hunt, and much more!
- A wide range of courses in English offered year-round.
- Courses offer Mediterranean perspective on global issues.
- Cultural events and excursions offered throughout term.
The Spain Summer Study Abroad program provides an opportunity for both Berklee and non-Berklee students from around the world to earn undergraduate college credit at Berklee. The campus is located in Valencia, Spain in the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia, one of Valencia’s most recognized architectural marvels.
All classes are taught by Berklee faculty from both our Valencia and Boston campuses. The state-of-the-art technological resources of the Valencia campus give students a dynamic and intimate environment in which to experience an enriching selection of courses and study with leading artists and professors.
The program is a truly unique Berklee experience with a mix of technology, musical inspiration and practical experience while living on the vibrant Mediterranean coast for either three or six weeks.
Areas of Study:
- Music Production and Technology
- Music and Entertainment Business
- Film Scoring.
Study abroad in Spain at the University of Oviedo campus in the lush northwestern coastal region of Asturias. This four-week summer program offers two courses at the 300-level. One course will focus on Hispanic Culture through Literature from the years 600-1600 AD.
The other will be a history of Iberian languages in their socio-cultural context. Students will live with host families in the compact, bustling city of Oviedo less than an hour from great hiking and beautiful coastal beaches.
Students should have already taken two 300-level courses in Spanish; students who have not taken any 300-level courses can enroll in GEO’s Spanish Language in Oviedo summer session 1 to satisfy this requirement.
- Live with a Spanish host family in Oviedo, Spain.
- Gain advanced training in Spanish language and literature.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: international summer camps, international summer camps in europe, summer camp spain jobs, summer camps in madrid spain, summer programs in spain for high school students, summer school madrid, university of barcelona summer language courses