How to Apply for Bahamas Visa for Nigerians | Latest Update.
Bahamas Visa for Nigerians: The Bahamas is a coral-based archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean; it is listed as a liberated member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
Its capital is Nassau. Usually, the process of getting a Visa to The Bahamas Islands has been kept to a minimum due to the high demand for visits every year.
However, as a Nigerian, it might be very hard and frustrating to get a Bahamas Tourist visa. This is due to the fact that The Bahamas Island does not have a physical embassy present in Nigeria.
In this article, I will tell you all about the Bahamas visa for Nigerians.
Types of Bahamas Visas
The Bahamas is mainly a tourist and finance Nation, as such, there are three types of visa which are:
1. Business Visa:
This is for Nigerian citizens or permanent residents who want to participate in business activity for a short period.
2. Tourist Visa:
This is for Nigerian nationals who want to travel for leisure or visit family members and no business activity is allowed during that period.
3. Transit Visa:
for Nigerians who are passing through the country whose stay is for either three days or less.
Bahamas Visa Application in Nigeria
Where To Go
Before you apply, you must know The Bahamas has no embassy or consulate in Nigeria where you can directly apply for a visa, therefore it has to be done through these means and which are:
The first and advisable (depending on the level of resources at your disposal though) is to apply directly through the British Embassy in Nigeria.It is one of the Bahamas representatives that provide assistance for those who want to travel to the Bahamas.
So you can submit your application for Bahamian visa from Nigeria at any British embassy, high commission or consulate either in Abuja or Lagos. And the other means is to travel as a visitor to any country such as the USA and Canada that has a Bahamas embassy and then you can apply from there.
Places of Application
- British High Commission Abuja: 19, Torrens Close, Mississippi, Abuja,
- British Deputy High Commission Lagos- 11, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Bahamas Visa Application Requirements in Nigeria
Traveling to the Bahamas could prove to be so much fun, but of course, like most travel trips it is dependent on how much preparation is made towards the journey.
Below are some items you would need to provide if you intend to put in an application for a Bahamian business visa.
- A completely filled Bahamian Visa application form.
- Original passport and one photocopy of the information page. The passport should be valid for 6 months after your stay with at least one blank passport page.
- Passport photograph (2 x 2) with a white background showing the full face.
- Letter from employer or sponsor, indicating the applicant’s details and stating the purpose of visit to The Bahamas.
- Trade register for the self-employed.
- Financial bank statement of the applicant for the last six (6) months
- Original invitation letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the nature of the business to be conducted, travel data, name, passport number of the invitee, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa (i.e. a one-year multiple-entry business visa)
- Proof of financial sustenance for the period of stay in The Bahamas.
- An official business letter to support your application.
- Flight Itinerary with the dates and flight numbers stating the entry and departure from the Bahamas.
- Accommodation or hotel reservation for the whole period of the intended stay in the Bahamas.
- A proof of the following documents- marriage certificate, birth certificate of children and death certificate of spouse (if applicable).
- The application fee has to be paid in U.S Dollars in the form of a bank draft, a bank money order or a postal money order made payable to The Bahamas High Commission.
- For more information, please contact or visit the official website of the British High Commission, or you could visit the British embassy or consulate in Nigeria.
Now that you know the necessary steps to perform a successful Bahamas visa application in Nigeria, I wish you all the best in your visa application.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: bahamas visa agent in nigeria, bahamas visa fee, bahamas visa free countries, bahamas visa nairaland, bahamas visa on arrival, bahamas visa sample, bahamas work visa, nigerian community in bahamas