Cost of Clearing Cars at Customs Office in Nigeria Right Now : Current School News

Cost of Clearing Cars at Customs Office in Nigeria Right Now

Filed in Articles, Automobile Update by on March 31, 2022

– Cost of Clearing Cars in Nigeria –

Want to know the Cost of Clearing Cars in Nigeria for 2022 right? We just want to remind you that it’s no longer news that Nigeria still does not manufacture cars (except for a few cases where we hear of cars being assembled in Nigeria).

Cost of Clearing Cars at Customs Office in Nigeria

Row of cars

This post will list out the current cost of clearing cars in Nigeria Tin can port, Cotonou (Seme Border), Apapa Port, and other ports to deliver them to a client in Nigeria.

Charges such as Nigerian custom duty charges on imported cars, port charges, and clearing agent charges will also need to be paid for this to be successfully carried out.

As of last year, the system by which the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) charges for clearing cars changed.

Instead of charging according to the year of manufacture, they now charge according to the cost of the car not the year of manufacture.

The charge is 35% of whatever you paid for the vehicle and a levy of 35% making 70% of what you paid for the car. So assuming you bought a car for N2 million, you will spend N1.4 million to clear the car.

You can easily do the math yourself.

These prices can be brought down if you can find a good clearing agent.

Some agents gave us the estimated cost of clearing some cars manufactured in the following year:

READ ALSO!!!

Estimated Cost of Clearing Cars in Nigeria.

1. Nissan Pathfinder 2001 – ₦350,000

2. Nissan Primera 2003 – ₦315,000

3. Toyota Rav4 2004 – ₦335,000

4. Kia Sorento 2004 – ₦360,000

5. Lexus RX 330 2004 – ₦370,000

6. Nissan Pathfinder 2005 – ₦400,000

7. Toyota Highlander 2005 – ₦450,000

8. Toyota Corolla 2005 – ₦300,000

9. Toyota Tundra 2005 – ₦400,000

10. Toyota Corolla 2006 – ₦300,000

11. Toyota 4Runner 2006 – ₦450,000

12. Lexus RX 350 2007 – ₦600,000

13. Lexus RX 350 2008 – ₦700,000

14. Toyota Highlander 2008 – ₦500,000

15. Lexus RX 350 2009 – 800,000

16. Lexus RX 350 2010 – ₦950,000

17. Toyota 4Runner 2011 – ₦900,000

18. Mercerdes-Benz ML350 2012 – ₦1,515,000

19. Toyota Venza 2013 – ₦1,400,000

20. Toyota Camry 2013 – ₦1,350,000

21. Toyota Camry 2015 – ₦1,500,000.

READ ALSO!!!

Zonal Offices Where to Clear Your Cars.

The popular sports in Nigeria through which cars are brought in are Tin Can port and Apapa port.

You will only clear at Seme border if you’re importing your car from Cotonou.

The various fees to pay at this border include the customs duty, the port charge, and the clearing agent fee.

Verification of car status can be done at any of the four zonal centers of the Nigerian Customs Service.

It is at this place you pay the fees for your car’s uncleared status. The four zonal offices include:

1. Zone A Headquarters, No. 1 Harvey Road, Yaba, Lagos;
2. Zone B Headquarters, Kabala Doki, Kaduna;
3. Zone C Headquarters, Nigeria Ports Authority, Port Harcourt and;
4. Zone D Headquarters, Yelwa Tudu Road, Bauchi State.

Another method of verification is to call or send an SMS to the following NCS numbers alongside you C-number.

Also, the year you paid your duty, and the port or location through which your car was brought into the country.

The numbers to call are 094621597, 094621598, and 094621599. You should receive a customs clearance after a few minutes.

N/B: Even though the process of ascertaining the status of your car can be tedious at times.

It is better to do so as the law states that any car that hasn’t been duly cleared shall be tagged “a smuggled car” and can lead to fines or arrest of the car owner or dealer by the law enforcement agencies.

We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate to use our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, or Twitter.

READ ALSO!!!

Frequently Asked Questions About Cost of Clearing Cars in Nigeria

Check out some of the mind-blowing questions asked about Cost of Clearing Cars in Nigeria and their valid answers below.

How much is car custom duty in Nigeria?

There is a charge of 35% import duty on imported vehicles plus an additional 35% levy, which brings the total clearing cost to 70% of the vehicle’s price. This 48% increase in clearing charge was a move by the government to discourage importation while encouraging locally manufactured cars in Nigeria.

How much does customs clearance cost in Nigeria?

Usually, official invoice will be issued for direct payment. Nevertheless, estimate is NGN25,000.00, but could be lesser. Equally, Customs duties – as per HS Code of the item. Lastly, local transportation – NGN50,000.00 within Lagos, for this goods.

How much does it cost to clear a Toyota Camry in Nigeria?

How to Estimate the Clearing Costs. The fee is 35 per cent of the vehicle’s purchase price plus a 35 per cent levy, for a total of 70 percent of the vehicle’s purchase price.

How much does it cost to import a car to Nigeria?

The average price to ship a car to Nigeria ranges from $1000 to $1650. The Nigerian Customs Clarence fee to import an used Car is 35% duty while shipping newer cars to Nigeria the duty will be from 35% to 70% of the value of the vehicle ($). The cars 15 years older cannot be shipped and imported to Nigeria.

I hope you have found this article useful, if yes please click on the share button below to share it with friends.

CSN Team.

Join Our Newsletter!

Don't miss this opportunity

Enter Your Details

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.