Cyprus Visa Application Requirement for Nigerians and How to Apply – 2020 Update.
Cyprus Visa for Nigerians -This article is a guide on the necessary steps needed to get a Cyprus Visa for Nigerians and other relevant information.
Cyprus is the third biggest and third most populated island in the Mediterranean. The Country is widely known for its beauty and also its splendor, no wonder why it has been one of the most sought-after vacation destinations for tourists and families.
However, there are limitations as to the influx of tourists, as citizens of countries like Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, etc. are expected to have a Cyprus visa before gaining entry into the Country.
This article is all about Cyprus visa for Nigerians.
General Requirements for Cyprus Visas
- A Cyprus visa application form
- An International Passport or travel document valid for at least 6 months after the expiry of your visa.
N: B: Your passport must have at least two unused pages for entry/departure visa endorsements.
- A proof of the Cyprus visa application fee payment (An original receipt).
- A 29mmx34mm, colored passport with white background.
- Financial documents to provide that you can financially sustain yourself in Cyprus.
These documents might include – bank statements- proof of earnings or the financial document of a guardian in Cyprus that has sufficient resources to financially support you.
- A letter from your employer outlining the reason for your visit, which you will be meeting and details of any payment/expenses (for work visa applicants).
- Letter of Invitation (for visitor visa applicants).
- Travel Itinerary (for tourist visa applicants).
- Evidence of admission to a Cyprus university (for student visa applicants).
- Letter from a doctor or consultant in Cyprus showing:
– Details of health condition
– Cost and duration of treatment
– Location of treatment (for Private medical treatment visa applicants).
Most of the documents cut across all the different types of Cyprus Visas and some are peculiar to the visa type needed.
Submitting fake documents result in abrupt closure of the visa application, and seizing of the documents. Original documents are mandatory for your application.
Types of Cyprus Visa
There are different reasons why you might need a Cyprus visa. These reasons determine what type of visa to apply for.
There are two major categories of Cyprus visas and they include the short stay and the Long stay visa.
The duration of the short stay visa is 3 months. If you are staying for a duration of over 3 months, then it can be regarded as a long stay visa. Long stay visas may include:
- Residence visa
- Work permit visa
- Student Visa
Asides these 2 categories, there are other different types of Cyprus visas and they are as follows:
Airport Transit Visa (ATV)
The Airport transit visa is for persons who are to pass through the international transit area of Cypriot airports without actually entering the national territory of Cyprus during a stop-over or transfer between two stages of an international flight.
The transit visa is issued to persons traveling from one country to another country and you have to pass through the territory of the Republic of Cyprus.
Issued for one transit, or exceptionally for several transits. The duration of each transit case should not exceed five days.
This type of Cyprus visa is affixed to a group passport. The visa has a validity of 30 days. The Group visa is issued on the basis that the members of the group would enter Cyprus together, stay there and leave as a group. Granted to groups of between 5 and 50 people.
How to Apply For Cyprus Tourist, Visitor Business Visa
To apply for Cyprus tourist, visit or business visa in Nigeria, the following should be done;
- Gather your supporting documents
- Get to Cyprus’s consulate in Abuja and the fee which is required for visa application
- The next thing to be done is carry out a bio-metric fingerprint at the Cyprus consulate
- Once done, submit all the documents that are required for processing your application for Cyprus tourist, visiting or business visa.
It is important that you double check the documents that you are submitting to ensure that they are genuine and up-to-date.
- Attach an address that can be used in getting your travel documents to you.
It is important that your application gets submitted way before you intend traveling. This will help ensure that your application gets processed before time is due for you to travel.
Address and Location of Cyprus Embassy in Nigeria
Cyprus Embassy, Abuja
Address: The Cyprus Embassy in Nigeria is located in Abuja at Events Close, Central Business District Abuja.
Cyprus Cypriot Honorary Consulate in Lagos
Cyprus also has an honorary consulate in Lagos. Here is the contact address.
Address: A. G. Leventis Building. 2 Wharf Road, Apapa, Lagos
With this guide, getting a visa for your trip will be easy
If you’ve found any of the information in this article handy, please subscribe with your email below, to receive regular updates like this one, and also share to your friends through the various platforms seen above.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: cyprus e visa for indian, cyprus embassy apapa lagos, cyprus visa application form nigeria, cyprus visa application form online, cyprus visa check online, cyprus visa nairaland, student visa cyprus, vfs cyprus nigeria