Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
Federal Road Safety Corps Officers Ranks in Nigeria.
- Continue reading to learn and understand Federal Road Safety Corps Ranks and force positions for senior and junior officers.
In February 1988, the Federal Government created the Federal Road Safety Commission through Decree No. 45 of the 1988 as amended by Decree 35 of 1992 referred to in the statute books as the FRSC Act cap 141 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN). Passed by the National Assembly as Federal Road Safety Commission (establishment) Act 2007. The functions of the Commission generally relates to:
- Making the highway safe for motorists and other road users.
- Recommending works and devices designed to eliminate or minimize accidents on the highways and advising the Federal and State Governments including the Federal Capital Territory Administration and relevant governmental agencies on the localities where such works and devices are required, and
- Educating motorists and members of the public on the importance of discipline on the highway.
In particular the Commission is charged with the responsibilities for:
- Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway;
- Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways;
- Educating drivers, motorists and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways;
- Designing and producing the driver’s license to be used by various categories of vehicle operators;
- Determining, from time to time, the requirements to be satisfied by an applicant for a driver’s licence;
- Designing and producing vehicle number plates
- The standardization of highway traffic codes;
- Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents
- Conducting researches into causes of motor accidents and methods of preventing them and putting into use the result of such researches;
- Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices;
- Cooperating with bodies or agencies or groups in road safety activities or in prevention of accidents on the highways;
- Making regulations in pursuance of any of the functions assigned to the Corps by or under this Act.
- Regulating the use of sirens, flashers and beacon lights on vehicles other than ambulances and vehicles belonging to the Armed Forces, Nigeria Police, Fire Service and other Para-military agencies;
- Providing roadside and mobile clinics for the treatment of accident victims free of charge;
- Regulating the use of mobile phones by motorists;
- Regulating the use of seat belts and other safety devices;
- Regulating the use of motorcycles on the highway;
- Maintaining the validity period for drivers’ licences which shall be three years subject to renewal at the expiration of the validity period;
- Apply for Federal Road Safety Corps Application Recruitment 2018/2019
- See Federal Road Safety Corps Salary Scale in Nigeria
Federal Road Safety Corps Ranks.
The following are the Federal Road Safety Commission [FRSC] ranks for officers;
FRSC OFFICERS RANKS / STRUCTURE.
|1||ARC||Assistant Route Commander (Entry Point)|
|2||DRC||Deputy Route Commander|
|4||SRC||Superintendent Route Commander|
|5||CRC||Chief Route Commander|
|6||ACC||Assistant Corps Commander|
|7||DCC||Deputy Corps Commander|
|9||ACM||Assistant Corps Marshal|
|10||DCM||Deputy Corps Marshal|
FRSC MARSHALS RANKS / STRUCTURE.
|1||Junior Marshals||RMAIII||Road Marshal Assistant III (Entry Point)|
|2||RMAII||Road Marshal Assistant II|
|3||RMAI||Road Marshal Assistant I|
|4||SRMA||Senior Road Marshal Assistant|
|5||DCRMA||Deputy Chief Road Marshal Assistant|
|6||CRMA||Chief Road Marshal Assistant|
|7||Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs)||MI-III||Marshal Inspector III|
|8||MI-II||Marshal Inspector II|
|9||MI-I||Marshal Inspector I|
|10||Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCOs)||SMI||Senior Marshal Inspector|
|11||PMI||Principal Marshal Inspector|
|12||ACI||Assistant Chief Inspector|
|13||DCI||Deputy Chief Inspector|
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.