Free Tuition Universities in Canada:There are lots of free tuition universities in the globe now, some of which have been enforced by government to become free to help poor citizens and low income earners who also have the right to education.
We have free universities and colleges in Norway, Sweden, Germany but the best of them all are in Canada. Why? Canadian universities are
- Race friendly
- Lively and conducive learning environment
- Easy to apply
- Have one of the best world class learning equipment
- Anybody can apply
Canadian universities will always standout in the spot light when universities in the world are mentioned. I’ve compiled list of Canadian universities that offer tuition free education, application process and requirements.
1. Acadia University
Acadia university is a free tuition university located in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada with some graduate programs at the master’s level and one at the doctoral level.
Arcadia English Requirement
- TOEFL – 90 IBT with no subtest score below 20
- IELTS – 6.5 with no subtest score below 6.0
- CAEL – 70 with no subtest score below 60
- PTE Academic – 61 with no subtest score below 60
- Cambridge English: Advanced – 176 with no subtest score below 169
- MELAB – 80
How to Apply.
Applying online takes about 15 minutes. When applying, you’ll need;
- $40 CDN application processing fee, which you can pay online with a credit card
- Official or mid-year high school transcripts
You can apply to Acadia anytime. However, March 1st is the deadline for receiving applications if you want to be considered for an entrance examination.
If you are selected to receive an entrance scholarship we will notify you by mid-April.
You could also contact the admission office @
Room 126 University Hall
15 University Avenue
(Mailing address: PO Box 7)
Wolfville Nova Scotia B4P 2R6
2. Athabasca University
Founded in 1970, it was the first Canadian university to specialize in distance education, located in Athabasca, Alberto, Canada.
How to Apply
To apply for Athabasca, you must be 16 years and above. Any other condition depends on the program you’ll be applying for.
To apply, simply complete the Undergraduate Application and pay the one-time (non-refundable) application fee. You can either enroll in a program or just take some courses as a non-program student.
3. Brandon University
Brandon University is located in the city of Brandon Manitoba, Canada. The university is a member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) and the Association of Commonwealth universities (ACU), the Canadian university Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID) and a member of U Sports.
How To Apply
The Admissions Office will begin processing applications for the next academic year beginning October 1st each year. Please refer to the specific program application deadline dates listed below. Online applications will only be available until the specified program application deadlines from September to January.
Complete an online application form
Almost all communications from the Admissions Office will be sent electronically by email. When applying, use an email address account that you check regularly and add us to your safe-sender list. Note: All new students must also complete a departmental application.
4. Concordia University College Of Edmonton
Previously Concordia University College of Alberta, is an independent publicly funded university in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada making it a free university for all.
- Evidence that you can fulfil the English Language Requirements such as official proficiency exam results
- Official transcripts from any high school and post-secondary institutions you attended.
- Supporting documentation that may be required for your program.
How To Apply
To apply, you are to complete the online application. It will take approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application. Application fee cost nothing.
- If you prefer to fill out the forms by hand, you can find PDF versions of the application forms below. Download and complete the University Residence Application form – ensure that you have answered all the questions and that the information is correct. We consider only those applications that are fully completed. Download and complete the Roommate Questionnaire which helps us to match you with a compatible roommate. Applications are to be submitted by June 30th, in order to secure a space in residence.
After filling out the necessary forms, you can return the forms by:
Concordia Residence Office
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Blvd.
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E4
Fax: +1 780.479.9240
Email: [email protected]
5. Dominica University College
Located in Ottawa, Ontario, The Dominican University College is a bilingual Roman Catholic university with specialization in various educational fields.
How To Apply
Get your original transcript ready: when applying online, you will have the option to upload supporting documents. Prepare and upload the following documents (in PDF format): 1) Copy of your passport – Name and birth date clearly showing; 2) Copy of your birth certificate – Name and birthdate clearly showing; 3) Passport sized photo.
You could apply online or apply using a printed application form. Please contact the assistant registrar to complete the request at [email protected]
- A high school diploma or GED
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, with special attention to grades in core courses
- An ACT composite score of 21, SAT 1500 (old test), or 1000 SAT (new test) or above*
- A rank in the upper half of the high school class, when rank is provided
- Sixteen units of high school work, fourteen of which should be in the fields of English, mathematics, foreign language, social science, and laboratory science
*If your test scores are not included on your high school transcript, request the testing agency to forward a score report to Dominican using our college code numbers:
- SAT: 1667
- ACT: 1126
TAKING A COURSEINTERNATIONAL STUDENTSMATURE APPLICANTS
6. Memorial University of NewFoundLand:
Colloquially known as Memorial University (MUN) is a comprehensive university located in St. John’s Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- Graduate Web Application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency (must be submitted by post mail)
- Additional forms and documents may be required.
- Prerequisites may be necessary.
How To Apply
You can submit a general application to Memorial if you are:
- A current Memorial student
- a student who is new to Memorial
- a recent high school graduate
- a transfer student from another post-secondary institution
To submit your application, go to: http://www.mun.ca/undergrad/apply
Internation applicants can apply at: http://www.mun.ca/undergrad/international
7. University Of De Saint Boniface
USB is a French language post-secondary institution located in the St. Boniface neighborhood of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
How To Apply
The international students must meet the general requirements of the USB inlet and the specific requirements of the faculty or school in which they present their application, including any minimum level of competence or professional relevance.
NB: Although it is necessary to meet these requirements to be eligible, the fact meet the minimum requirements is not a guarantee of admission.
General admission with the International Baccalaureate
Three courses at higher level and three at the general level courses with a minimum score of 4 in each subject and an overall score of at least 24. The advanced credit can be awarded for a minimum score of 5 in some subjects of graduate courses .
Applications can be done online on the university’s website with the aid of their help desk.
8. University Of Prince Edward Island
Is a public university in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada and the sole university in the province, founded in 1969.
How to Apply
Admission requirements are based on your current or most recent education system (e.g. a high school in Alberta) and the faculty/program to which you’re applying.
If you’re applying for full-time undergraduate studies, you may need to also demonstrate English Language Proficiency and submit a Supplementary application.
When applying to University of Prince Edward Island, it’s important to note the application deadline is N/A. Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due N/A.
Applications are to be submitted online with a valid email address included on the university’s website.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.