CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
How to Start a Fashion Business in Nigeria.
Fashion Business Startup | Awwww! Are we talking fashion here? Do you want to start up a fashion business right here in Nigeria? Then you’re my best friend. You don’t need to be a professional to start up a fashion business; in fact, you don’t need a degree to start up any business, all you need is passion and hard work.
No matter the aspect of fashion you want to venture into, be it clothing, cosmetics, clothing accessories or having a fashion boutique, all you need is extreme skills to exile, doesn’t mean you must be a fashionista or a pro, as far as you love what you do, then it’s okay because you will be learning new ideas daily but you must know that the business of fashion is highly competitive this days as it is lucrative.
Even with the current wave of excitement of starting up a business there are yet thing to be done before jumping into the business to avoid regrets. Not trying to scare you though but many have ventured into this business but couldn’t overcome the huddles. One thing about business is that it demands dedication and endurance. Like when you’re just starting, it may not be easy, the stress, the loan you may have to borrow from banks and insurance companies, the site or location for the business, the renovation of the place to make it stand out. You outta be ready to face the storm but after the storm comes sunshine or rainbow.
You need to ask yourself these questions before you scroll to see the steps listed below. (Note: this is not to discourage you but sometimes we need to be blunt so you don’t make mistakes.)
- I’m I ready to start up my own business? It isn’t all about nodding in affirmation that you are ready to start up a business it’s in being ready to take responsibility for anything that will occur from the moment you start investing. Are you ready to stay hungry or the duration of your struggles trying to put things in order without “mistakenly” using the business money for personal matters? It takes stronger conviction, patience, investment to start up a business and see it to the end.
- Do I have what it takes to compete with the ever competitive world? The competition is even at its peak these days as many people have come to know that there really is profit in the business of fashion. So you need to be creative enough not copying people’s brand of style and pattern if you are going in for clothing or any fabric. Your uniqueness alone is your tools to exiling where others may fail.
- What aspect of fashion will I be going into? Will you be concentrating more on clothing and textile, Ankara bags and shoes, cosmetics or do you have the intentions of combining all these together to form your own unique brand? You need to consider all these too.
- Why I’m I starting up a business? You know most people start up a business with the dreams of flying abroad, wear imported clothes and accessories, wine with the crème de la crème it’s not a bad dream, they’re all good but you need to have more solid reasons because if things don’t work as planned, you could get disappointed and give up. Build up strong motives to encourage and motivate you when you have no one to.
Do I want to run this business alone? If no, you can collaborate with a reliable friend or brand that will promote your brand where you both can share ideas, there can be a third party or as you wish. We have brands where designers like Dolce and Gabbana, Alexander McQueen and Target coming together to design a unique brand of elegant and sensual dresses and accessories that will leave you staring at the model in awe. That’s actually a collaborated work which you could also do but if you want to work alone it’s also okay.
These aren’t the only questions to ask, there are lots of questions to ask yourself so you don’t make jumpy and rash decisions you might regret in the near future. With these in place, you sure are ready to take the bull by its horn.
How to Start a Fresh Fashion Business by Yourself
Here are the guidelines on starting a fresh fashion business for yourself, your first step to becoming self-employed is your unwavering decision to proceed damn the storms.
- You may not necessarily get a place to start up the business but you can let family members and friends know what you are good at. This is one way of advertising your skills. Someone may see you design and fall in love with your brand. That’s how it starts. If you are really interested in having a brand, you should search for a location where you can situate your showroom.
- With the money at hand, you could rent a place to start the business or you could borrow from some insurance companies or get a loan from any bank that is ready to borrow you.
- Purchase equipment you would need for the business like if its clothes, you need equipment like scissors, and so on. If it’s for cosmetics you need your make up kit, if it’s bags and shoes or anything Ankara, then you know what is needed.
- You can create a website where you advertise your works. Websites may involve many protocols or may be expensive but if you are on social media like facebook, twitter, instagram etc. you could get friends to like your work and comment. This is another way of promoting your brand.
- You could also get inspired by watching fashion documentaries or seeing works of professional designers like Ashley, Bellanaija and many others. This will help you develop on your skills.
- Know the market price of each design you make so you don’t chase customers away and do not cheat yourself in an effort to keep customers.
With our tips we hope you could startup a business of a lifetime. Don’t be scared of change, it begins with you. Deal with the excitement and fear, have fun and start up something worthwhile. Good luck.
Searches Related to How to Start a Fashion Business in Nigeria
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Does and Dont of Fashion Business, Fashion Business in Nigeria, How to Gain Ground on a Newly Established Business, How to Start a Fashion Business, How to Start a Fashion Business in Nigeria, Things to Consider Before Venturing into Fashion Business, Top 10 Things to Do before Starting a Fashion Business