Top 10 International Payment Gateways Available in Nigeria.
International Payment Gateway Available in Nigeria: Online payment for goods and services has been a trend in Nigeria as one finds it comfortable, safe, and secure to buy goods from online platforms. To be able to meet up with this need, merchants have been able to provide some international payment gateways to Nigerian consumers seeking to make a purchase of goods online.
This article has been able to select 10 best out of many international payment gateways available in Nigeria for you to rely on. Here they are:
GTPay is a payment gateway solution created by GTbank, one of the best banks in Nigeria. The payment gateway is a safe web gateway created to encourage payments online using Debit Cards given by banks on the Interswitch Network.
GTPay connects flawlessly with the current sites of clients and goes about as a scaffold between the client’s site and financial institutions (Banks).
Advantages of GTPay:
- Gives a helpful elective payment channel to all clients.
- Allows cardholders to pay traders (our clients) for online buying of goods and services from the solace of their workplaces/homes by providing details of their local debit/credit cards
- Ensures exchange sum is deducted from cards in a split second and shipper’s record credited inside 24 hours.
- One-time integration fee: ₦75,000.
- Local transactions fee: 1.5% of transaction amount (subject to a maximum of ₦2,000).
- International transaction fee (MasterCard, VISA): 3% of transaction amount; no cap.
- International Gateway Monthly fee: ₦5,000.
VoguePay is another easy, safe, and secure way to receive online payments in Nigeria. It offers consumers and businesses the opportunity to securely make and receive payments in all major currencies, irrespective of your location.
Furthermore, VoguePay also accepts payment in Bitcoin. You can accept one-time payments, set up subscriptions, and even be given donations.
Advantages of VoguePay:
- It has numerous payment channels, thereby leaving your clients with lots of options
- You can without difficulty integrate payment to your website through the use of plugin libraries and extensions
- You can simply manage a business or personal accounts based on your needs.
- Vogue has simple API documentation to make integration simple, even for non-developers.
- It accepts all currencies for payments. You get paid in your default currency.
- Integration fee: Free ( however, fees may apply for customization)
- Local transactions fee (Naira cards): 1.5% transactions above ₦2,500 1.5% + ₦30
- International transactions fee (USD MasterCard & Visa cards): 3.8% + 0.50 of currency transaction
- Merchant Verification fee: ₦ 1,500 (with CAC) and ₦ 2,500 (with Govt. issued ID cards)
3. InterSwitch WebPay
Interswitch is the oldest and most worthy online payment service provider in Nigeria (mostly used by big brands including banks).
Interswitch is an Africa-based integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic exchange of money as well as the trade of value between individuals and organizations on a timely and consistent basis.
When it comes to online transactions in Nigeria, Interswitch has managed to harvest the biggest share of the market to itself.
Advantages of Interswitch:
- It is carried out by Interswitch, a trusted name in payments.
- Integration with WebPAY using an InterSwitch Certified WebPAY Integration Partner (CWIP) at no extra cost.
- One-time integration fee: ₦150,000.
- Transaction fee: 1.5% subject to a cap of ₦2,000 is charged. (i.e. for every transaction below ₦133,333, attracts a fee of 1.5% ), and ₦2,000 flat fees (for transactions above ₦133,333).
4. Rave by Flutterwave
RAVE by Flutterwave is one of the fastest-growing payment gateways in Nigeria. The online payment solution makes the collection of online payment for both business and individual easy, safe, and secure for its customers.
With Rave, you can obtain and make payments locally and globally with no hassles and zero set up fees.
Advantages Rave by Flutterwave:
- Multi-currency support: Rave accepts payment with any currency of the world. It also supports cross-currency conversions.
- It accepts card and account payments. So you can directly debit your customers’ bank accounts.
- Rave has a white label solution given absolutely free to businesses and companies.
- Setup fee – Free
- Maintenance fee – None
- Local transaction charge – 1.5% + ₦100 (The ₦100 fee is waived for transactions less than ₦2000)
- International transactions charge – 3.8%
- Payouts: ₦45 per transaction.
Paystack is one of the best Fintech companies in Nigeria that offers businesses with everything they need to accept and make payments online. It is easy, secure, affordable, and fast for small, medium, or large businesses.
Over thirty thousand businesses in Nigeria including big brands like MTN, Domino’s, Taxify, Iroko TV, and GIGM make use of Paystack for accepting online payments.
Advantages of Paystack:
- It is simple and free to get started: You can simply setup Paystack on your site or app even without the aid of a developer in a few minutes.
- Paystack offers tools to help you grow: Apart from payments, you can get consistent support and business solutions that you can use to measure and develop your growth.
- It makes sure that you get paid: Payments can be completed in less than 2 to 3 steps.
- Your customers can make payments directly on your website.
- Setup fee-Free
- Maintenance fee – None
- Local transaction charge – 1.5% + ₦100 (The ₦100 fee is waived for transactions less than ₦2500).
- International Transactions of 3.9% + ₦100.
- Payouts: ₦50 per transaction.
6. 2Checkout (2co)
2Checkout is an America based company that allows Nigerian and other International Merchants to collect payments from customers using their Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, PIN debit cards and PayPal.
- Setup Fee – Free
- MasterCard/Visa (local) – Transaction fee: 5.5% + 45¢ successful transaction.
- Interswitch Verve (local) – Transaction fee: 5.5% + 45¢ successful transaction.
- MasterCard/Visa (International) – Transaction fee: 5.5% + 45¢ successful transaction.
This is the only Nigerian Payment Aggregator/Processor on Shopify. Also, the company has numerous security features on their gateway for theft.
Moreover, Cashenvoy does not charge for online different variants of cards – merchants can accept local and international – VISA, MASTERCARD, eTranzact, and Interswitch cards. The company simplifies the setup procedure – by just getting basic details and forms.
- Send Money: To Business Account only – Free.
- Make Payments: To Business Account only – Free.
- Withdrawal Fund: ₦120.00 fee for withdrawals of ₦4,000.00 or less
- Receive Funds: 1.5% + N25
- International Cards: 3.9% + N12.60
With Flutterwave, you can receive Debit/Credit payments from customers in 154+ countries.
Visa, MasterCard, Verve, all supported, your clients in the United States of America, South Africa, and Nigeria can pay you openly from their bank accounts and your customers in Nigeria (M-Cash), Kenya (M-Pesa) and Ghana (soon) can pay you from their mobile wallets.
- Setup: Free
- Local Cards: 1.4% + ₦50
- International Cards: 3.5% + $1
PayU has local operations that spread across 17 markets which are Asia, Central, and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa
They receive Local and International MasterCard, Visa, Verve, as well as other payment methods – Online electronic bank transfer (EFT) and offline. They are also being used by Facebook to receive payment in Naira
- Setup: It is free but their White-label package has a fee
- Local Cards: not disclosed by them
- International Cards: not disclosed by them
10. FirstPay Link
FirstPayLink is a platform that enables internet payments on merchants and eCommerce websites. It is a multi-platform internet payment.
It accepts internet payments using InterSwitch, eTranzact, Visa, and MasterCard cards. FirstPayLink is an invention of First Bank Nigeria.
Setup fee: A one-off implementation cost of N50,000 per Switch (Card scheme), to be borne by the Merchant.
Transaction fees: A transaction charge of 1.5%, subject to a maximum of N2,000. To be borne by the Merchant
There are numerous payment gateways in Nigeria available, however; this list is compiled based on functionality and affordability.
If you need a better gateway, you can go for any of the above listed. Don’t fail to share your questions and comments, they are always welcomed. Sharing is Caring!
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Best Payment Gateway For Shopify In Nigeria, Best Payment Gateway in Nigeria 2020, How to Start a Payment Gateway Company in Nigeria, International Payment Gateway in Nigeria, Interswitch Payment Gateway, Payment Gateway Nigeria, Woocommerce Payment Gateway for Nigeria