List of Contraband Goods in Nigeria 2020 | Prohibited and Restricted.
Contraband Goods in Nigeria 2020: Nigeria imports different types of goods from different countries and in many cases, imports things that are banned. Are you aware that Nigeria is a country is in need of many goods and products? However, if you want to import some goods into Nigeria, there are several aspects that you and your company should consider. This article will guide you on things that are not allowed to be imported into Nigeria. Read through carefully.
Import prohibited goods are goods that are banned from importation into the country by the federal government of Nigeria. The prohibition could be for a number of reasons, ranging from security to local industry protection.
Nigeria is a large country with around 186 million people living in it. Its population is divided into two important and wide fields: urban and rural. And they are both consuming different products, besides the basic common goods that are needed.
Even if the local market of Nigeria is in a constant state of development, the country relies on imports greatly. And these are apart from the budget and legal norms to be aware of when you are trading in Africa.
Even so, Nigeria has a lot of requests, and it can be a valuable market for both importers and exporters from all over the world. Since it is the largest market in Africa, it can become a mine gold for companies that want to make a long-term investment.
Nigeria Prohibited and Restricted Imports
This includes a list of goods that are prohibited from being exported to the country or are otherwise restricted. anyone caught with such goods is liable to face a penalty that may even cost his life.
What are Contraband Goods?
Contraband goods are defined as goods that are against the law to trade or to be imported or exported, or goods that are smuggled or a slave during the Civil War who was behind the Union lines. An example of contraband goods is drugs being carried across country borders.
Besides the possibility of importing certain goods into Nigeria, you also have to consider the potential profit.
Some products will bring you a better profit than others and the more research you make, the more familiar you get with such opportunities.
Nigerians are big fans of items that improve their lifestyle. If you can bring that to their market at an affordable price, you will reach incredible success.
Contraband Goods in Nigeria 2020
- Air Pistols
- Airmail Photographic Printing Paper
- All counterfeit/ pirated materials or articles including Base or Counterfeit Coin of any Country
- Beads composed of inflammable celluloid or other similar substances
- Blank Invoices
- Coupons for foreign football pools or other betting arrangements
- Exhausted tea or tea mixed with other substances. For the purposes of this item, “exhausted tea” means any tea which has been deprived of its proper quality, strength, or virtue by steeping, infusion, decoction or other means
- Implements appertaining to the reloading of cartridges
- Indecent or obscene prints, painting, books, cards, engraving or any indecent or obscene articles
- Matches made with white phosphorous
- Materials of any description with a design which, considering the purpose for which any such material is intended to be used, is likely in – the opinion of the president to create a breach of the peace or to offend the religious views of any class of persons in Nigeria
- Meat, Vegetables or other provisions declared by a health officer to be unfit for human consumption
- Piece goods and all other textiles including wearing apparel, the hardware of all kinds, crockery, and china or earthenware goods bearing inscriptions (whether in Roman or Arabic characters) from the Koran or from the traditions and commentaries on the Koran
- Pistols disguised in any form
- Second-hand clothing
- Silver or metal alloy coins not being legal tender in Nigeria
- Nuclear Industrial waste and other Toxic waste
- Other than:
- Alcoholic bitters, liqueurs, cordials and mixtures admitted as such in his discretion by the Comptroller-General and which are not deemed to be injurious spirits within the meaning of any enactment or law relating to liquor or liquor licencing
- Brandy, i.e. Spirit Distilled in Grape – growing countries from fermented grape juice and from no other materials and Stored in wood for a period of three years
- Drugs and medicinal spirits admitted as such in his discretion by the Comptroller-General
- Gin, i.e. Spirit – Produced by distillation from a mixed mash of cereal grains only saccharified by the diastase of malt and the Flavoured by redistillation with juniper berries and other vegetable ingredients and of a brand which has been notified as an approved brand by notice in the Gazette and in containers labelled with the name and address of the owner of the brand or
Produced by distillation at least three times in a pot still from mixed mash of barley, rye and maize saccharified by diastase of malt and then rectified by re-distillation in a pot still after the addition of juniper berries and other vegetable materials
- Methylated or denatured spirit, i.e. Mineralized Methylated spirit mixed as follows: to every ninety parts by volume of spirits nine and one-half parts by volume of wood naphtha and one-half of one part by volume of crude pyridine and to every 455 litres of the mixture 1.7 litres of mineral naphtha or petroleum oil and not less than 0.7 grammes by weight of powdered aniline dye (Methyl violet) and so in proportion for any quantity less than 455 litres and
Industrial Methylated spirit imported under licence from the Comptroller-General and mixed as follows: to every ninety-five parts by volume of spirits five parts by volume of wood naphtha and also one-half of one part by volume of the mixture and
Spirits denatured for a particular purpose in such a manner as the Comptroller-General in any special circumstance may permit
- Perfumed Spirits
- Rum i.e. Spirit – Distilled directly from sugar-cane products in sugar-cane growing countries and
Stored in wood for a period of three years
- Spirits imported for medical or scientific purposes, subject to such conditions as the Comptroller-General may prescribe
- Spirits totally unfit for use as portable spirits admitted to entry as such in the discretion by the Comptroller-General
- Whisky, i.e. Spirit – Obtained by distillation from a mash or cereal grains saccharified by diastase of malt and stored in wood for a period of three years
- Containing more than forty-eight and one-half per centum of pure alcohol by volume except denatured, medicated and perfumed spirits, and such other spirits which the Comptroller-General, in his discretion, may allow being imported subject to such conditions as he may see fit to Impose
- Weapons of any description which in the opinion of the Comptroller-General are designed for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other similar substance and any ammunition containing or in the opinion of the Comptroller- General or adapted to contain any noxious liquid, gas or other similar substances
- Other than:
We believe this information on the List of Contraband Goods in Nigeria 2020 is helpful to you? Why not share it with your friends out there by clicking on the share button on this website. You can as well subscribe to be updated for further information concerning this topic.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.