=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
National Identity Card Registration Guide and Process
National Identity Card Registration – Do you need a National ID Card but don’t know how to get it? This article will help guide you on how to go about the National Identity Card registration.
The National ID Card is a valid means of identification which proofs nationality anywhere in the world. It is an official document issued by the government of a country to its citizens to validate their citizenship.
National Identity Card Registration
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is in charge of processing and issuing of National ID Cards in Nigeria.
As a citizen of Nigeria, it is necessary that you own a National ID Card. Although before now, there was nothing like National ID Card in Nigeria, and a result, made citizens of other African countries who lived for a long period in the country to claim citizens of Nigeria. However, this is not the case today!
Initially, when the National ID Card was first introduced, the registration process was stressful as one had to travel a long distance to the designated offices to register. However, the introduction of computer technology has made it a lot easier for Nigerians to register for National ID Card even from the comfort of their home.
How to Register for National Identity Card
- Visit the NIMC official website https://www.nimc.gov.ng/ to access the Enrolment Form
- Fill the Enrollment Form online with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
- Go to the enrollment center, where an enrollment officer will scan the barcode to pull up your information from the database.
- You should verify and confirm the enrollment data on the system.
- Your headshot photograph, fingerprints, and signature would then be captured.
- Submit your supporting documents for scanning.
- Two slips would be given to you to acknowledge your enrollment: (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.
Documents Required for National Identity Card
- Old National ID card (If available).
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid International passport.
- Voter’s ID card.
- Govt. staff ID card.
- State or local government of origin certificate.
- Birth certificate/declaration of age.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: enrolment portal, national id card online registration, national id card registration, national identity card check, national identity card registration centres, national identity card registration centres in ogun state, national identity card registration in banks, nimc pre enrolment login