NIMC Registration in Nigeria – This article will provide you with information about the NIMC and how to register. This is particularly important because registering with NIMC is mandatory for all Nigerians or Legal resident from the age of 16 years and above.
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is a statutory Nigerian body that operates the national identity management systems of the country.
It was established in 2007 to create, operate and manage Nigeria’s national identity card database, integrate the existing identity database in government institutions, register individuals and legal residents, assign a unique national identification number and introduce general multi-purpose cards.
Requirements for NIMC Registration
Go to the nearest NIMC Registration Center with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National id Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff id card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff id card
- School ID Card private/Public
Types of Registration Processes
1. Self Service
This is otherwise referred to as the “walk in and do it yourself” process of registration. This process involves you to visit a registration center and fill the registration form (hard copy).
The completed form will be handed over to the registration officer who will, in turn, take the biometrics of the applicant and process the data on the form.
2. Assisted Service
This is also known as the “walk in and get assistance from a Support Officer” process. This method involves the same steps as the Self Service, but in this case the applicant cannot fill the registration form on his/her own and walks in to the registration center to be assisted by a Support Officer whose responsibility it is to guide the applicant incorrectly filling the registration form with the required information.
3. Mobile Service
The Mobile-Service process involves an applicant registering for the NIN by going to any of the Mobile Registration Stations available in his/her neighborhood at any point in time. For this method of registration, the applicant may request for a registration form and personally complete it or request for assistance from the Support Officer.
This method is valid and complete after the biometric data of the applicant is captured and the data in the filled registration form processed by the Registration Officer at the station.
Application Process for NIMC Registration
- Go to the registration center with a supporting document.
- You will be verified to ascertain if you have ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
- You will be issued an registration form to fill if you have not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if you had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-registration service.
- Your forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistakes filled on the form. Note: If you cannot read or write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for you.
- Your pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC registration officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC registration officer to populate the entire required field.
- The registration officer will ask you to double check your information for errors using the applicant monitor.
- If you are satisfied with your demographic information, your biometrics (ten fingerprints and facial image) will be captured subsequently.
- After completing the registration, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to you as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not bestow the right to the National Identification Number. You will be requested to come back for the NIN within 1-5 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication, and verification.
- A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to you after processing.
- The National e-ID Card will be issued to you within 12 months after Issuance of NIN excluding any unforeseen circumstances.
Note: Registration is free.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: enrolment portal, i lost my nimc slip, national id card online registration, national identity card check, nimc check tracking id, nimc enrolment centre, nimc pre enrolment form pdf, nimc verification