Uk Visa Requirements for Nigerian Residents 2019 and How to Apply
Uk Visa Requirements for Nigeria – Are you planning to take a trip to the UK for your break, for tourism, for education or for work, and you do not have reliable information on getting a UK visa?
You need to worry anymore; in this article, I will provide detailed and accurate information which will assist the processing of your visa.
Types of UK Visa and Differences
A UK visa is an official document which is needed by an intending traveler to the UK for some reasons such as business, tourism, education or for permanent residency.
To understand the different types of UK visa that are available in Nigeria, we will look at the short stay visa as well as long stay visa.
For a short visit, what is required is a visitor’s or tourist’s visa, and such form of visas include the following:
- Short-term study visa
- Marriage visitor visa
- Standard visitor visa (needed for a tourist)
- Permitted paid engagement visa
- Parent of a Tier-4 child visa.
However, for long visits, you will need the following types of visas:
- Diplomatic visas for government officials on formal assignments.
- Student visas (lasts for a period up to 3 years) for individuals that intend to study in the UK.
Student visas are of 3 types:
- Students that intend studying for less than 6 months in the UK get a short-term study visa.
- Students aged more than sixteen years that intend studying in the United Kingdom get a tier 4 (General) student visa.
- Students aged between four & seventeen years that intend studying in independent schools in the UK get a tier 4 student visa.
Uk Visa Application Requirements
- A valid international passport with a page that is blank on both sides
- Completed visa application form (this is filled online)
- One passport photograph that meets the requirements
- Visa fee
- Proof of finances (e.g. original bank statement that is not older than 3 months)
- Confirmation of accommodation and flight bookings
- A letter of invitation if you are being sponsored by a friend or family member
- Original marriage certificate if you are travelling with your spouse
- Birth certificates for your children if you are travelling together
- Recent utility bills
- If you are travelling for business you will need to include: a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/confirmation of conference; and full details for an authorized representative from your company and their contact details.
To apply for a UK visa in Nigeria you need to:
- pay your fee
- book your appointment
- go to your appointment
1. Pay your fee
Follow the instructions when you apply online to pay your visa fee.
2. Book your appointment
You can book an appointment at the visa application center in:
- Ikeja, Lagos
- Victoria Island, Lagos
3. Changes to our visa application centers in Nigeria
If you book an appointment at Victoria Island or Abuja you must register with Teleperformance when you have completed your online application.
If you do not register, this will cause delays to your appointment at the visa application center.
4. Go to your appointment
At your appointment you will:
- submit your application form and supporting documents
- have your photo and fingerprints (known as “bio-metric information”) taken
UK Visa Rejection
The most common reasons for UK visas being rejected are:
- Submitting false documents
- The applicant has received a deportation order
- The applicant was found guilty of a crime that warrants four years or more of jail time
- Withholding documentation of a criminal background
- Insufficient funds
- Overstaying a previous visit to the United Kingdom
- Submitting fraudulent documents on a previous trip to the United Kingdom
- Not complying with all the application requirements
- Lack of a valid passport or travel documents
- Invalid reason for wanting to visit the United Kingdom
Using a visa service is recommended if you are unsure about the process and requirements. It will cost extra but will give you peace of mind that everything is in order.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.