=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
U.K Visa Requirements for Nigerians and Application Process
U.K Visa Requirements for Nigerians – If you are prepared to travel to the United Kingdom for education, tourism, business, or to live and also work, and you don’t know how to get your visa, don’ t worry much.
U.K Visa Requirements for Nigerians
In this article, I have put together a detailed guide on the UK visa application and requirements that will make your visa application a lot easier.
Do You Need A Visa To Travel To The UK?
You will need information on the countries that require a UK Visa, countries that may be issued visa on arrival and countries that are exempt through the UK Government Official Website. If you are a citizen of Nigeria, you will be required to get a visa to gain entry into the country.
Where Can I Get A UK Visa Application Form?
To get the UK visa application form, there are two authorized UK visa application options available for Nigerian applicants. They include:
- The use of Teleperformance which is an authorized UK visa registration company
- The official UK Government website – Visa4UK.
UK Visa Requirements
- A valid international passport with a page that is blank on both sides
- Completed visa application form (this is filled in online)
- One passport photograph that meets the requirements
- Visa fee
- Proof of finances e.g. original bank statement that is not older than 3 months.
- Confirmation of accommodation and flight bookings
- A letter of invitation if you are being sponsored by a friend or family member
- Original marriage certificate if you are traveling with your spouse
- Birth certificates for your children if you are traveling together
- Recent utility bills
- If you are traveling for business you will need to include: a letter of invitation/confirmation of training/confirmation of conference; and full details for an authorized representative from your company and their contact details.
How to Apply for UK Visa
1. Register a user account on the GOV.UK website. You will also be able to double check what type of visa you will need for your trip on the website.
2. Fill out the application form, pay the visa fee, and book an appointment at a Visa Application Center.
** You will receive an email confirming your appointment and what documents you will need to take along. You will also be given a GWF number which you will need for the next step.
3. Register your details on the TLScontact website. If you don’t register, you will not be allowed to attend your appointment. You can track your application on the TLScontact website after you have registered.
4. Attend your appointment and submit your biometrics at a UK Visa Application Centre. To avoid any delays in the application process you should bring along the following:
- Your original passport
- Printed copies of your online application form and appointment confirmation
- Receipt of payment of visa fees
- All the required documents as stated above
- Supporting documents
Your visa fee will no longer be refundable after you have submitted your biometrics. You must also ensure you are not late for your appointment.
If you are late, your application process may be delayed as you will have to rebook your appointment.
5. Wait for your visa application to be processed. You will be able to track your visa application on the TLScontact website.
6. Collect your passport at the specified Visa Application Centre. You will be notified when it is ready for collection.
The Permissible Purposes Are:
- for leisure;
- for visiting family and friends;
- for business;
- for medical treatment;
- for wanting to get married or register a civil partnership or settle down in the UK after marriage or civil partnership;
- for wanting to go to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system;
- for traveling through the UK to other countries; and
- for traveling to the UK being a parent whose child attends an independent fee-paying school in the UK
Whatever reason that suits the above-mentioned permissible purposes for visiting the UK, one will need to apply for a UK Visitor Visa.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.