US Citizenship Through Naturalization – How to Apply for US Citizenship Through Naturalization – www.uscis.gov.
United State of America, US, US Citizenship Through Naturalization, How to Apply for US Citizenship Through Naturalization, https://www.uscis.gov/node/41239 – See more details below;
US Citizenship Through Naturalization – Less you have a claim to Citizenship based on ancestry you will probably have to apply for naturalization in one of the following two categories:
- Naturalization after Six years in the US
- Naturalization after Five to Six years of ‘Green Card‘ Usage
Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
US Citizenship Through Naturalization – Naturalization Eligibility Requirements
Before an individual applies for naturalization, he or she must meet a few requirements. Depending on the individual’s situation, there are different requirements that may apply. General requirements for naturalization are below.
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Must be a permanent resident (have a “Green Card”) for at least 5 years.
- Must show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the state or USCIS district where you apply.
- Must Demonstrate continuous residence in the United States for at least 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400.
US Citizenship Through Naturalization – How to Apply for US Citizenship Through Naturalization – www.uscis.gov
- Show that you have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400.
- Be able to read, write, and speak basic English.
- Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).
- Be a person of good moral character.
- Demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution.
N/B: If you are not married to any US Citizen you will need to meet the following residence requirements over the last five years.
US Citizenship Through Naturalization – Naturalization Process
In general, the naturalization process includes the following steps:
- Determine if you are already a U.S. citizen.
- Determine your eligibility to become a U.S. citizen.
- Prepare Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Submit Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Go to the biometrics (fingerprinting) appointment, if applicable.
- Complete the interview.
- Receive a decision from USCIS on your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Receive a notice to take the Oath of Allegiance.
- Take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a U.S. citizen.
US Citizenship Through Naturalization – How to Apply for Naturalization
By following the guide below you will be able to apply for US Citizenship Naturalization;
- Fill Form N-400 with Adobe Reader using this link
- Click here to US Naturalization Instructions
- US Document Checklist, Current Fees, Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet – Click here
- US Naturalization Requirements Information – Click here
- Get Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance – Click here to Get Form
US Citizenship Through Naturalization – How to Know if You’ve Been Qualified for Naturalization
- You have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements
- You have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.
- You have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met.
You may qualify through other paths to naturalization if you do not qualify through the paths described in the links to the left.
The processing time for US Citizenship and Naturalization applications is currently about three to six months. If you would like assistance with a naturalization application made on the basis of having permanent residency, please contact our office on (202) 272-1280 or by e-mail at [email protected]
Note: If you are already a U.S. citizen, no need to apply for naturalization if your biological or adoptive parent(s) became a U.S. citizen before you reached the age of 18.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about US Citizenship Through Naturalization, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Click here for more information about Naturalization.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: application for US citizenship and naturalisation, how to apply for US citizenship and naturalisation, US Citizen, US citizenship and naturalisation, US citizenship and naturalization after six years in the US, US citizenship and naturalization after three years in the US as a spouse of an US citizen, US citizenship and naturalization applications, US citizenship naturalisation process, US Naturalisation Eligibility, US naturalization application