=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Verified By Visa for Nigerians – Verified by Visa provides extra peace of mind for online purchases. It is a password-protected authentication system that is designed to approve the identity of the cardholder when a Visa card is used online.
By demanding a password known only to the cardholder, the bank can verify that the true cardholder is entering their card details into an eCommerce website.
The password may be one that you choose yourself and must remember, or, it might be a code the bank sends you via SMS when you are about to make an online payment.
It aids to prevent fake transactions and gives all parties in the payment process greater peace of mind, especially when used in aggregation with all the other security features offered by Visa.
In this article, I will be discussing on verified by visa for Nigerians.
How It Works
Register for Verified by Visa in just a few minutes through the bank that issued your card or when prompted at the time of your transaction.
Upon activation, Verified by Visa protects you at every participating online store.
When you shop online at a participating merchant, your card will be automatically recognized as protected by Verified by Visa.
You will be asked to authenticate yourself in a Verified by Visa window displayed on the site using your Verified by Visa password or the one-time password issued to you.
Once you have entered your Verified by Visa code, simply follow the steps as you normally would to complete the transaction.
Your issuer will verify your entries and the transaction will be completed upon successful validation.
How to Verify your Visa Card:
- Locate a nearest VISA/VPAY enabled ATM.
- Insert your card and punch in your PIN.
- Select the Change PIN option.
- Select the Internet PIN (iPIN) change option.
- Insert any four to six digits of your choice as your internet PIN (iPIN). <<< This is your password.
- Re-enter the digits you entered in the previous step (5) above.
If you followed these steps above correctly
you will receive a message stating that your iPIN was changed successfully.
You should now be able to make payments online using your Visa card and the new iPIN as your secure password.
Also, please note that the terms iPIN, Password and VbV code all mean the same and can be used interchangeably.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
What is Verified By Visa/3D Secure Service?
It is an additional security step to verify the identity of the cardholder and safeguard your online purchasing process when paying with your Standard Chartered Card.
What is the benefit of Verified By Visa/3D Secure Service?
It protects you against unauthorized transactions when shopping online since the transaction will be authorized only when you enter your “One Time Password” (OTP).
Who is providing this service? Verified by VISA:
This is a service provided by VISA to protect you when you make online purchases using your Standard Chartered Visa Card.
How does Verified By Visa/3D Secure work?
- 1. When you want to buy something online, you will usually be asked to submit your basic credit/debit card details – cardholder name, card number, card expiry date, CVV/CVC code, and mailing address).
- After you submit your card details, a pop-up window will appear requesting you enter a “One Time Password” (OTP). The “One Time Password” (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number and/or email address before you can complete an online purchase.
- Once you submit the “One Time Password” (OTP), the transaction will be sent for authorization and the merchant website will display a response to you
This article should serve as a guide for you to obtain the security tokens necessary for you to be able to use your Visa card to make payments online.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: how to activate 3d secure visa, how to skip verified by visa, netsafe/verified by visa/mastercard securecode link, vbv, verified by visa 3d secure, verified by visa chase, verified by visa customer service, verified by visa hsbc