British Council Egypt FameLab Competition 2020 | Application Guide and Eligibility.
British Council Egypt FameLab Competition 2020 – Applications are current invited from suitably qualified students for British Council Egypt FameLab Competition 2020. Entry closing date is November 2, 2019.
Can you explain a scientific concept to a lay audience in just three minutes? Apply now to take part in the British Council FameLab Competition 2020. FameLab is designed to inspire, motivate and develop young scientists and engineers to actively engage with the public and stakeholders.
FameLab is an annual science communication competition that runs in many countries worldwide. Wherever you are in the world, the competition remains the same. You have just three minutes to present a concept from your field of study to a panel of judges.
Make it funny, make it enlightening and make it jaw-dropping. The judges are looking for somebody who can shine in content, clarity and charisma – all within the three-minute allowance. They want to find the science communication stars of tomorrow, who can really show off their area of expertise in a fascinating and engaging way.
- Communication Masterclass: Run by some of the best science communicators in the world, this is one of the biggest prizes for all FameLab finalists. There you will learn why public engagement is important, develop invaluable media and presentation skills, and get the opportunity to network with scientists from many different scientific fields!
- Trophies: The winners of the first, second and third place at all stages in the competition will receive trophies. There will also be audience favourite prizes and other special awards.
- Trip to the UK: The overall national winner and first runner up will attend the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK. The national winner will then compete in the FameLab International Final. Here a world of opportunities will really be opened up as you network with fellow scientists from across the globe
- Each candidate will have the opportunity to meet other science enthusiasts and gain access to the Famelab Egypt and Famelab International networks
- FameLab alumni will be invited to take part in science public engagement events in Egypt
- Finally you will undoubtedly win the appreciation of the audience for your passion for science!
The competition is open to Egyptians aged between 18 and 40 working in or studying technology, engineering, medicine, biology, chemistry, physics or maths. This includes private and public sector employees.
- Lecturers and researchers in science, engineering or mathematics subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree
- People who work on applying science, engineering technology or mathematics (e.g. patent clerks, statisticians, consultants to industry)
- University students of science, mathematics or engineering 18 or over
- People who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or government bodies
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business.
They cannot affect application from people who are already working professionally in public engagement with science, including:
- Press or PR officers, even for science-related organisations
- Artists who work on science-related themes
- Performers whose shows are about science or engineering
- Science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly with the public
- Journalists and broadcasters (as their main or only job)
- Non-specialist teachers
For more information CLICK HERE.
Deadline: November 2, 2019
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.