Apply for SERB National Postdoctoral Fellowship in India 2020 – Latest Updates.
SERB National Postdoctoral Fellowship in India: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) is inviting applications for National Postdoctoral Fellowship ( N-PDF). The fellowship is tenable only in India and can be implemented in any of the recognized academic institutions, national laboratories and other recognized R & D institutions.
The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship ( N-PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them with a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
Science and Engineering Research Board is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, established by an Act of the Parliament of India in 2009. The Board is chaired by the Secretary to the Government of India in the Department of Science and Technology and shall have other senior government officials and eminent scientists as members.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing the postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering.
Scholarship Award: The fellows will be entitled to receive the grants as given below:
Fellowship: Rs. 55,000/- per month (consolidated) and Rs. 35,000/ p.m for candidates who have submitted the thesis but degree not awarded
Research Grant: Rs. 2,00,000/- per annum
Overheads: Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
Scholarship can be taken in the India
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D or M.S degree in any area of medicine.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University, not before two years from the date of application. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they are awarded the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
Nationality: Indian citizens can apply for the national postdoctoral fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University.
How to Apply: For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicants should first register with the online website
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Details including Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters) should be provided online at the time of submission of the application.
- Work Methodology and Research plan has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 3 pages (max 10 MB).
Application Deadline: This scheme will re-open on October 01 2016. Eligible researchers can submit the proposals until October 31, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.