=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Current Definition Of Post-Secondary Education and What It Entails
Definition Of Post-Secondary Education – Post-secondary education, in general, is an education following secondary school. Various definitions have been given to this particular term.
Post-secondary education is an education which entails various certificates and degrees. In this article, I will give the current definition of post-secondary education and what it entails.
Definitions of Post-secondary education
1. Post-secondary education means the education you obtain in college, university, technical schools. There is usually a certification pursued when completing this education and an accredited process for the institution.
2. Post-secondary education may also mean all the education you receive after you leave secondary school. This may include conferences, courses taken, professional development, and also general work experience.
3. Post-secondary education refers to those whose highest level of educational achievement is an apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma (including ‘centres de formation professionnelle’);
college, CEGEP or other non-college certificate or diploma; university certificate or diploma below bachelor level; or a college degree (bachelor’s degree; college certificate or diploma above bachelor level; degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry; master’s degree; earned doctorate).”
4. Post-secondary education also refers to any sort of formal education that you get after your secondary school is over, for example, a University degree is post-secondary education.
Tertiary learning also referred to as third stage, third level, and post-secondary education, is the educational level following the completion of a school providing a secondary education, such as a high school, or secondary school.
5. Higher education is also known as Post-secondary education is normally taken to include undergraduate and postgraduate education, while vocational education and training beyond secondary education is known as further education in the United Kingdom, or continuing schooling in the United States.
Universities, colleges, institutes of technology and polytechnics are the main institutions that provide tertiary education for (sometimes known collectively as tertiary institutions).
Tertiary education commonly culminates in the receipt of certificates, diplomas, or academic degrees.
6. Post-secondary education is known as the third level of education. Post-secondary education is the educational level following the completion of a secondary school, such as a high school, secondary school, university-preparatory school, or gymnasium.
Higher education is taken to include undergraduate and also postgraduate education in the U.S. Colleges, universities, institutes of technology and also polytechnics are the main institutions that provide post-secondary education.
7. Post means after, hence the other folks are right when they say Post Secondary education is what you get after high school.
It may be phrased this way to include training that is not university-related, such as vocational education or on the job training.
8. In the US, secondary education means high school, so post-secondary refers to education that comes after high schools, such as non-degree certificate programs, community colleges (associates degrees), and colleges and universities (bachelor’s degrees).
The term is basically identical with higher education, and post-secondary and higher training are used more or less interchangeably.
For instance, the state agency in New Hampshire is called the Post-Secondary Education Commission. Other states might call this the Board of Higher Education and more.
9. Post-secondary education refers to those individuals whose highest level of educational attainment is an apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma (including ‘centres de formation professionnelle’); college,
Post-secondary education is also an education after high school. Someone who graduates from high school and continues on to a state college, for example, is said to be pursuing post-secondary education.
10. When post-secondary training is discussed, what gets into the minds of people is colleges and universities. However, there are many post-secondary options available.
Local community universities are institutions that typically award degrees at the associate’s, or two-year degree level, although some do offer bachelor’s degrees.
Another post-secondary option is public and private universities. Although universities and colleges tend to be discussed as one and the same, colleges tend to be smaller in size than universities, with a more limited number of programs to choose from.
Colleges award degrees, typically including bachelors, master’s, and doctoral degrees, at the undergraduate and also graduate level.
There are also public and private universities, which are larger four-year institutions that also are likely to offer different programs at the undergraduate and graduate level and beyond. As with colleges, degrees awarded by universities typically include bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees.
Trade schools are also another post-secondary option. These are specialized schools that teach a trade and can include beauty schools, mechanical and also technical schools, fire and police academies, hospital-based nursing programs, and culinary schools.
These institutions mainly offer certificate and licensure type programs and prepare students for state licensure certifications and exams, although some do offer bachelor’s degrees.
The above listed are the current meaning of post-secondary education and what it entails, this will really help if you feel lost and confused about the meaning of the word “Post-secondary”.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: is a levels post secondary education, is graduate school post secondary education, post secondary education meaning in hindi, post secondary education meaning in india, post secondary in a sentence, post secondary options, post secondary synonym, what is post secondary education in usa