10 Major Differences Between Chrome And Chromium.
Difference Between Chrome And Chromium: A web browser is a software application for accessing the information on the World Wide Web. Chromium and Google Chrome are both web browsers with different unique functions.
Chromium was developed as a project made of a large portion of its code and the Chromium project is from where Google Chrome draws its source code. Basically, Google Chrome is a well-updated version of Chromium.
What is Chrome?
Google Chrome was the first to implement the OminiBox, which is a single input field that works as the address bar as well as search bar (though this feature was first introduced by Mozilla for their browser Firefox). Due to its comparatively (very) short release cycle of 6 weeks, Google Chrome 11 was released within two months after the release date of Google Chrome 10.
One negative criticism that is associated by the users is its comparatively high emphasis on usage tracking functionality. In addition to its high security, stability and speed. Google Chrome 11 introduced several amazing new features, some of which are in fact introduced for the first time ever in to browsers.
For example, a HTML speech translator that can convert your speech in to 50 other languages, which uses the power of HTML5, was introduced. GPU-accelerated 3D CSS support, which makes it possible for Google Chrome to support websites with 3D effects using CSS, is also included.
What is Chromium?
It is available for Windows OS, Android, and Linux. It is mostly used in Linux OS. The main theme behind Google Chromium is that by this open-source software, Google makes able to the developer to check and understand the work and features of Google Chrome.
It is an ongoing project of Google and daily updates are available for it. Latest version of Google Chromium is Chromium 41.0, which was released on November 7, 2014.
Difference Between Chrome And Chromium
1. Chromium is the name of the web browser project developed by Google while Google Chrome is the intended final product.
2. Chromium can be updated and allows code modifications, and its new versions are released even without testing while Google Chrome always tests its product versions before releasing them to the public.
3. Google Chrome has many features that are not present in Chromium such as Google branding, cash reporting, and user metrics options as well as a very colorful and attractive logo.
4. Adobe Flash Player, PDF viewer, and Auto-updater are built-in with Google Chrome while they have to be downloaded when using Chromium.
5. Chromium is open-source software so frequent updates are available by Chromium while updates of Chrome are launched after sometime.
7. Chromium is most popular on Linux OS while Chrome is most popular on Windows OS and mobiles.
8. Chrome is available for iOS also while Chromium is not available for iOS.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe with your email for related materials. Thanks.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.