European Union Essay Competition for Nigerian Secondary School Students – Click here to Apply
European Union Essay Competition… European Union Essay Competition Application Guide, How to Apply for European Union Essay Competition for Nigerian Secondary School Students, For Essay Competition on Gender Equality, Call for Entries for Nigerian Secondary Schools. See more details below;
European Union Essay Competition
The Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Education and Daily Trust are organising an Essay Competition on Gender Equality. The competition is part of the European Union Gender Action. The objective of the competition is to stimulate children’s awareness of the role of women in society.
- You should be between the ages of 13 – 16.
- You should be a citizen of Nigeria, residing in Nigeria.
- You should be in secondary school in any part of Nigeria.
- You should write an essay depicting equality between girls and boys, women and men.
- There will be thirteen prizes for the overall best essays.
- 1st Prize = One Lap top computer + N30, 000 grant for books
- 2nd Prize = One laptop computer + N20, 000 grant for books
- 3rd Prize = One laptop computer + N10, 000 grant for books
- The best 10 runners-up will receive a grant of N30, 000 each for books
- The 30 best essays will be published in a booklet which will be distributed to secondary schools in Nigeria, free of charge, through the Federal Ministry of Education with the names of the respective writers attached to their essays.
- The copyright of the essays will be retained by the European Union Delegation to Nigeria and ECOWAS.
- The European Union Delegation to Nigeria will keep all submitted essays. The participants will not have right of return.
How to Apply:
- The participants are invited to write an essay, depicting their vision of Gender Equality.
- The essay could be type-written or handwritten with not less than 500 words and not more than 1,000 words.
- The essay should not exceed 1000 words.
- The first name, the last name and the age of the child, should be written on the top of the essay sheet, together with her/his class, the school address. A scanned birth certificate should be attached or signature of school principal confirming age of student.
- The essay should have at the end the school’s stamp and the signature of the principal of the school as a confirmation that the writer is a bona fide student of the school in the class indicated.
- Electronic entries should be submitted by email to : [email protected] or by hand in a sealed envelope to Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS, Common Embassy Complex, European Union Crescent, Off Constitution Avenue, Central Business District, Abuja or by post to P.M.B. 280, Garki, Abuja. Essay should be in a sealed envelope marked “Essay Competition on Gender Equality.”
- A jury composed of school teachers, gender activists, and EU Delegation Staff, Daily Trust staff will select the overall winners in the competition.
For more information about European competition visit web portal by clicking here
N/B: The deadline for receipt of the essays is
November 06, 2017.
For more information, contact the European Union Delegation to Nigeria, on the following http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/nigeria_en or call 0803 692 0683; 09 461 7800.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.