McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021 Updates.
McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2020: The McGill University in partnership with Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is now accepting applications from applicants for its 2020/2021 scholarship scheme. See more details below;
McGill University and the Mastercard Foundation are pleased to offer full scholarships to economically challenged, academically gifted Master’s students from Sub-Saharan Africa through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. This scholarship program is designed to sponsor outstanding, community engaged students to attend university who otherwise would not have the opportunity, thereby, fostering the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
In addition to financial support, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success, community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill, you must:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – 2020 Nomination Form.pdf);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of Eligible Countries below);
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Eligible Masters Programs 2020 (click to download)
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – List of Eligible Countries( click to download)
- Application Period Begins :
September 15, 2019
- Deadline to submit the Application for Admission in uApply and the Mastercard Scholars
- Program application documents in uApply: Your choice program’s deadline (no later than February 4th)
- Deadline to submit Supporting Documents (including transcripts, reference letters, resumes, etc.): February 4, 2020
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Selection Committee begins to make scholarship offers: March 14, 2020
For further questions about the application and admission process please contact MCF-scholars[email protected]
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021, Mastercard Scholarship 2020, Mastercard Scholarship Canada, Mcgill Mastercard Scholarship 2020/2021, Mcgill University Scholarship Application, University of British Columbia Mastercard Scholarship