Apply Now for Chevening Fellowships Scholarship for Professional Development Programme in UK.
Chevening Fellowships Scholarship: UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Clore Leadership Programme are offering fellowships for mid-career professionals.
These fellowships are awarded in the arts and culture sector to undertake an individually tailored professional development programme in the UK.
The UK-based Clore Leadership Programme has been shaping exceptional cultural leaders for the last 10 years through in-depth learning, tailored to the needs, aspirations and circumstances of the individual.
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Applicant must hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree or have equivalent professional training and/or experience.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to undertake an individually tailored professional development programme in the UK.
Study Subject: Fellowship is provided in the arts and culture sector.
Scholarship Award: A Chevening/Clore Fellowship includes a training budget of up to £14,000 to cover:
- Up to two return economy flights from home country to the UK to undertake fellowship activities
- Accommodation while in the UK
- Living expenses while in the UK
- A period of secondment for approximately eight weeks at a cultural institution in the UK
- Individually tailored fellowship learning plan which may include participation in courses conferences and other professional development activities in the UK
- Course and conference fees within the UK
- Training and development cost within the UK
- Travel in the UK
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening/Clore Fellowship, applicant must:
- Intend to return to the country they were selected from at the end of the period of study.
- Hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree or have equivalent professional training and/or experience.
- Have completed at least five years’ (or higher as required by the Clore Leadership Programme) work, or equivalent experience, by the end of September in the year prior to the academic year for which the fellowship applies (e.g. by September 2016 for courses starting from September 2017).
- Have not already received or been receiving financial benefit from an HMG funded fellowship or fellowship.
- Meet one of the minimum requirements in accordance with the main fellowship’s scheme; OR where agreed, an English language assessment audit will be made based on the applicant’s written application and by observing the Chevening/Clore interview
- Not hold dual nationality where one nationality is British (other than for nationals exempt from this requirement listed in the Chevening Guidance for Applicants).
- Not be employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of Her Majesty’s Government including the FCO (including FCO Posts), the British Council, DFID, MOD, BIS, UKTI and UKBA, the Association of Commonwealth Universities or the Clore Leadership Programme or any of their wholly-owned subsidiaries.
Nationality: Applications are invited from individuals from the following countries: Brazil, China, Egypt, India, Jordan, Mexico and South Africa.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree or have equivalent professional training and/or experience.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
How to apply: Applicant can apply through their country fellowships page.
Application Deadline: Application Closed
If you found this article useful and would love to get more updates like this one kindly subscribe below, by entering your email and hit the share button to share to your friends.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.