Apply Now for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program to Study in the United States
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). This international educational and cultural exchange program brings future leaders to the United States to experience the U.S. educational system, enhance their knowledge, and explore U.S. culture and values. It also affords students the opportunity to share their cultures and traditions with people in the United States. Global UGRAD is administered by World Learning on behalf of ECA.
Provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries.
Enhance students’ academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals.
Cultivate students’ comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the United States.
Facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities.
Empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.
Global UGRAD is open to all academic fields of study and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, or disability. Competition for the program is highly competitive and merit based. Finalists will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, leadership potential, and their preparedness for study in the United States.
The Global UGRAD Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Over 18 years of age;
- A citizen of a Global UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- Enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the Global UGRAD program;
- Completed secondary education in their home country;
- A solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- Able to begin studies in the United States in August 2017 or January 2018 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- Eligible to receive and maintain the U.S. student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- Cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- Committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program
- Global UGRAD will provide a select group of approximately 250 students with scholarships for one academic semester of undergraduate, non-degree study in the United States.
- The scholarship will cover international travel, tuition, room and board, accident/sickness insurance, a small monthly stipend, and funding for books.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016, 5pm EST
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.