Apply Now for Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2020 (https://www.jimoviafoundation.org/scholarship).
Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2020: The Jim Ovia Scholarship was founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia since 1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. The scholarship was previously known as the MUSTE scholarship.
The awardees are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the undergraduate program. The award includes tuition and maintenance allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year. The Financial records show that as at October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested 100 Million Naira in the program on 1500 beneficiaries.
In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others. Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship.
- One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
Jim Ovia Scholarship Application GuideNew and Renewing Applicants:
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License) Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
- Original JAMB certificate
How to Apply
Click here to apply
- When the page opens Click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at top right hand corner of the homepage. Create a new account or login with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account.
If you found this article useful and would love to get more updates like this one kindly subscribe below, by entering your email and hit the share button to share to your friends.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.