Archbishop Tutu Leadership Fellowship Program for Young African Leaders 2019 and How to Apply
Nominations are currently invited from suitably qualify candidates for Archbishop Tutu Leadership Fellowship Program for Young African Leaders 2019. Deadline for Submitting of nominations for this scholarship is 15th December 2018. See more Details Below;
Archbishop Tutu Leadership Fellowship
As AFLI’s flagship leadership development programme, the Tutu Leadership Fellowship Programme welcomes an elite group of Africa’s highest potential young leaders, representing a wide range of sectors. Offered on a part-time basis over six months, the Programme includes two 9-day Group Learning Modules with an impressive array of distinguished leaders and faculty. These are intensive interactive workshops; one at the historic Mont Fleur conference facility (South Africa), and the other split between Oxford University and London (UK). The video below explains effectively how our program works.
Upon completing the Programme, Tutu Fellows return to play active roles in their respective communities, countries and spheres of influence. Great value is placed upon becoming a member of an established exclusive and supportive network of Africa’s future leaders – the Tutu Fellows. As part of this network of global leaders, all Fellows are expected to attend AFLI alumni events, as well as function as ambassadors for the Fellowship across all segments of society.
Tutu Leadership Fellowship Programme Eligibility.
- The Awards are aimed at the cream of the continent’s future leaders, specifically targeting the next generation of Africa’s leaders in all sectors of society, between the ages of 25 and 39. (They must be under the age of 40 on 30 April of the year of the programme.)
- Candidates must be citizens of an African country, and must be currently living in Africa, or temporarily placed abroad by their employer or completing further education abroad, or working on African projects for a global organisation. They should be committed to living in Africa and to actively contributing to its long-term success.
- They are keen to seek outstanding candidates who may not otherwise have access to such a leadership training opportunity or who have not yet benefitted from the variety of leadership initiatives now being offered by various institutions.
Tutu Leadership Fellowship Programme Selection Criteria.
As one would expect from a programme that targets the cream of Africa’s future leaders, who are deemed to bring about massive change throughout the continent, the selection of candidates for the Fellowship is rigorous and thorough.
- In terms of selection criteria, AFLI emphasizes integrity, strong values and responsibility, courage and a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire.
- A candidate must demonstrate a commitment to Africa and to serving the greater community.
- They seek leaders not managers.
How to Nominate for Tutu Leadership Fellowship Programme.
- Only nominated candidates will be considered for admission into the programme.
- Nominators are required to complete the Nomination Form for a proposed candidate with a deadline for receipt of nominations of 15th December in the year prior to the programme.
- Nomination forms will be reviewed and selected nominees invited to submit an application to AFLI.
Nominees recommendations are required to have been received by AFLI by 15 December 2018. Nominees are required to submit a formal application form by the 15th of January 2019, and we expect to announce the awards at the end of February. The 2019 Tutu Fellowship Programme starts at the end of April.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.