Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019 | Application Guide and Requirements
Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019 | Application Guide and Requirements.
Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019…. Applications are currently been accepted for the Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019, Only eligible applicants will be granted considerations for this program, Apply Now!!
Australia Awards – Africa is a Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) funded initiative. It is designed to equip Africans with the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to sustainable economic and social development outcomes in their own countries.
In addition, Australia Awards – Africa builds long-term, sustainable links between targeted countries in Africa and Australia. The program provides a variety of Masters scholarships, postgraduate short courses and post-doctoral fellowships to Africans in the public, civil society and private sectors in targeted disciplines, that support the home countries’ developmental priorities.
Value of Award
The costs covered by the Post-Doctoral Fellowship are detailed in each Awardee’s contract. These include fees that are common for all Awardees and costs that may be applicable depending on individual fellowship conditions.
To Be Taken At (Country): Australia, Ghana, Kenya or South Africa.
Phase 2 of the pilot will be open to Eligible Applicants affiliated to Ghanaian, Kenyan or South African Universities that are members of the AAUN.
A candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an eligible African country as outlined in the table in Annex 2 of the Post-Doctoral Fellowships Guidelines
- Must be studying in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa
- Must have the right to reside and work in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa
- Must be affiliated with their home institution in Ghana, Kenya or South Africa in an academic/research capacity
- Be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of application
- Home and Host Institutions must be members of the Australia Africa Universities Network
- Not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- Must not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408). This may mean that DFAT will need to withdraw an Award offer if the Awardee cannot satisfy the visa requirements
- Have been conferred a PhD at the time of application
- Field of research must be aligned to Agricultural Productivity, Health and Science and Technology
- Must have a letter of support from their home institution that outlines their agreement to the Fellowship, Annex 4 of the Post-Doctoral Fellowships Guidelines
- Must have a letter of invitation from the Host Institution in Australia, outlining their commitment to the Fellowship, Annex 4 of the Post-Doctoral Fellowships Guidelines
- Must be able to commence their program in the academic year 2019
How to Apply
Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Applications and supporting documentation must be scanned and submitted to [email protected]awardsafrica.org.
The deadline is 30th November 2019
Award Providers: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Application Requirements for the Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019, Australia Awards, Australia Awards African Academics, Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019, Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019 | Application Guide and Requirement, How to Apply for Australia Awards African Academics Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019, Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Post-Doctoral Fellowship In Australia