Fully Funded Australia Masters Scholarships Award for Africans 2019 and How to Apply
Application are currently invited from suitably qualify candidate for Fully Funded Australia Masters Scholarships Award for Africans 2019. The deadline for submission of application for this Scholarships Award is 3rd December 2018.. See more details below;
Australia Awards, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Australia Award Scholarships are Masters-level awards undertaken at Australian universities. Australia Award Scholarships contribute to the long term objectives of developing countries by equipping Awardees with the skills and knowledge they need to drive change and achieve sustainable economic growth and social development. Scholarships are offered to emerging leaders from eligible countries in a variety of fields aligned with national development priorities and in which Australia has world class expertise.
Award Types Included:
- Masters Scholarships: Australia Awards scholarships for Masters level degrees, undertaken in Australia.
- Short Courses Award: Australia Awards scholarships for targeted short term professional courses that are undertaken in Australia and/or an African country.
The following countries are eligible for Scholarships:
Priority areas are:
- Agricultural Productivity
- Extractives and Natural Resource Management
- Public Policy (especially those focussed on governance and economic policy, including trade policy)
- Citizen of an eligible African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
Applications from exceptional candidates will also be considered in the following sectors:
English Language requirements and support: All studies undertaken under Australia Awards are in English and, for postgraduate studies at an Australian University, a high level of English proficiency is required.
English requirements for Masters Awards:
- Candidates for Masters Awards may be required to sit a language proficiency test as part of the selection and course placement process. Language proficiency is tested through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), an internationally recognised practical English language assessment used by those seeking international education. Alternatively, candidates requiring evidence of English Language Proficiency may also use Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results. If you are submitting IELTs or TOEFL scores with your application, they should not be more than one year old at the time you make your application.
Entitlements for holders of a Masters Scholarship include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for up to two years
- An economy class flight to and from Australia. Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- An approximate annual stipend of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while on-Award in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A once-off Establishment Allowance of AUD5,000 to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing the course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.)
- Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare allowing them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to Awardees whose course is for two years or longer
How to Apply.
In order to apply for a Masters Scholarship in Australia, you will first need to find the course at an Australian university.
Apply Before: 3rd December 2018
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.