Apply Now for Faculty of Laws LLM Scholarships at University College London in UK, 2017-2018. University College London is offering LLM Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. These scholarships are open to overseas applicants from outside the European Union, except the Master of the Rolls Scholarship which is open to all students from Commonwealth countries.
University College London (UCL) is a public research university in London, England and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It is the largest postgraduate institution in the UK by enrollment and is regarded as one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary research universities.
If English is not applicant’s first language, they are required to show that their command of the English language is sufficient to meet the demands of the degree programme.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of law.
Scholarship Award: The value of each of these scholarships is £5,000.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The Faculty currently offers the following scholarships for the LLM, to overseas applicants from outside the European Union, except the Master of the Rolls Scholarship which is open to all students from Commonwealth countries.
- Five Bentham Scholarships
- The Master of the Rolls Scholarship for Commonwealth Students
- The John Carr Scholarship for students from Africa and the Caribbean
- The Sir Frederick Pollock Scholarship for students from North America
- The Sir John Salmond Scholarship for students from Australia and New Zealand
- The Chief Justice Scholarship for students from India
Nationality: International students can apply for LLM Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The minimum entry requirement for the LLM programme is a UK Bachelor’s degree in Law, awarded with a clear upper second-class Honours and evidence of ability to succeed in a programme of advanced study, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. Please note that an overseas 2:1 may not be the same as a UK 2:1.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: University accepts the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS: overall grade of 7.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in each of the subtests
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 75 overall, with a minimum of 62 in each component
- UCL Pre-Sessional English Course: 75% overall, with a minimum of 65% in each of the subtests
- UCL Diploma in English for Academic Purposes (DEAP): 75% overall, with a minimum of 65% in each of the subtests
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Prior to January 2015 CPE Grade B, an overall minimum score of 56, and at least a ‘good’ pass in each skill; from January 2015 onwards overall score of 191 with 176 in all subtests
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Prior to January 2015 CAE pass of 74 points, with a minimum of 58 points in each subject; from January 2015 onwards overall score of 191 with 176 in all subtests
- TOEFL: Overall score of 109 with 24/30 in reading and writing and 20/30 in speaking and listening (Institution code is 9163)
How to Apply: There is no application for the scholarships. Applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarships that they are eligible for if they are offered a place on the LLM. The Scholarships will be based on academic merit using the application submitted for the LLM programme.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 20th January 2017.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.