CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Fully Funded AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2020 – Study in Japan
Applications are currently invited from African graduates for AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2020 to Study in Japan. Deadline for Submitting of applications for this scholarship is 31st August, 2019. Continue Reading…
The Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program – capacity building in energy sector through skills development for sustainable development– is a joint initiative by the AfDB and Japan that aims at providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in priority development areas on the continent and abroad (including in Japan).
This JADS program is funded by the Government of Japan. The overarching goal that the AfDB and the Government of Japan seeks to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in a number of priority areas pertaining to science and technology with a special focus on the energy sector.
JADS’s objectives are aligned with the Bank’s High 5 agenda (i.e. Light up and power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa) and key Japanese development assistance initiatives to Africa and the 6th Tokyo International Conference for African Development (TICAD VI) outcomes.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Eligibility.
- Applicants must be a national of a AfDB member country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline date;
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships;
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs;
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Benefits.
The JADS Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for research and thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship. Please note all JADS scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The JADS Scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the course of the study program;
- Expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
How to Apply for Japan Africa Dream Scholarship.
- Applicant completes JADS application form
- Applicant sends documents (application form, university transcripts and certificate, CV, professional references and research proposal), to the JADS Secretariat for first screening through [email protected]
- JADS Secretariat sends shortlist of candidates to selected Japanese universities
- Universities does second screening and share selected students with JADS Secretariat
- JADS Secretariat recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese Executive Director for approval
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs partner universities.
Application deadline for April 2020 Intake: August 31, 2019.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.