Apply for Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2019 & Receive Up to 7,000 EUR Award
Entries are currently accepted from candidates for Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2019. The deadline for submission of entries for Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program is 6th December 2018. See more details below;
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
The Scholars Program consists of the following elements:
- Scholarship: An academic scholarship, awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
- Retreat: An opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development trainings and workshops.
- Community: An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
Scholars Program Eligibility.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
Scholars Program Benefits.
- Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- A group of undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background.
- All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2019 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
- Professional development and community outreach opportunities will continue to be offered after the retreat.
- As a Women Techmakers Scholar, you will join a long-term community of scholars program participants designed to provide a forum to share resources, support other women in tech, and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
How to Apply.
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to five essay questions
The application for the 2019-2020 Scholars Program is now open and will close December 6th, 2018 at 11:59 pm GMT.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.