CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA 2018 | Application Guide and Requirements.
Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA 2018…. Applications are currently ongoing for the Microsoft PhD Scholarship Programme at EMEA 2018. PhD supervisors from academic institutions in EMEA are motivated to submit proposals for collaborative research projects with Microsoft Research Cambridge annually.
Applications are then peer reviewed and up to 16 projects will be selected for funding. PhD students are appointed to the selected projects and begin their research in the following academic year under the supervision of their academic supervisor, with co-supervision from a researcher at Microsoft Research Cambridge.
The Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Programme in EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) was launched in 2004 and has so far supported more than 200 PhD students from more than 18 countries and 51 institutions.
Some of the Scholars may also be offered—at the sole discretion of Microsoft Research—an internship in one of the Microsoft Research laboratories. Internships involve working on a project alongside and as part of a team of Microsoft researchers. Scholars are paid during their internship—in addition to their scholarship bursary. Interested Scholars can apply through the Microsoft Research careers page.
- Each Microsoft scholarship consists of an annual bursary up to a maximum of three years. The monetary value of the award varies by country to reflect local differences in costs and overheads. Payment is made directly to the institution. The amount of the scholarship is the maximum amount Microsoft Research pays to the institution. In addition, every Scholar receives a fixed hardware allowance and conference allowance.
- Applications must not be made by students but by PhD supervisors, who must have been in dialogue with the prospective Microsoft supervisor and jointly collaborated on the proposal prior to the submission deadline;
- If their project is selected, the supervisor has until March 31, 2019 to find the best possible student for the project; otherwise, the PhD Agreement will be terminated automatically;
- Only applications from institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa will be considered.
- For an application to be considered, the following key requirements apply:
- The institute agrees to the terms and conditions in the PhD Term Sheet and EPSRC Term Sheet where appropriate;
- The applicant must be in dialogue with the prospective Microsoft supervisor prior to the submission deadline and jointly drafting the proposal.
- The proposed research must be closely related to the research ambitions at Microsoft Research in Cambridge:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Infrastructure for the Cloud
- The Future of Work
- Biological Computation
A two-stage evaluation process will be implemented for all eligible applications.
- Stage 1: Applications will be reviewed and those that meet the basic selection criteria will go through to stage 2 for comprehensive review. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by the end of October 2017, but will not receive detailed feedback.
- Stage 2: Applications are sent for comprehensive review to Microsoft internal reviewers only. Ranking depends on review feedback. Other factors, such as relevance to Microsoft research topics, are taken into account for the selection of up to 16 applications. Detailed feedback will be given to all stage 2 proposals.
- Submit your application here
- Application should contain the following:
- A completed online application form that includes contact details of the main supervisor together with a named secondary supervisor who will be willing to take the project on if the main named supervisor leaves.
- Evidence that the applicant has been in dialogue with the prospective Microsoft supervisor prior to the submission deadline and jointly drafting the proposal
- A project proposal of maximum six (6) A4 pages in 10-point font, including references. Accepted formats: plain text (.txt), .pdf, or Microsoft Office Word (.doc or .docx) only.
- For the application process:
- Online submission opens: September 15, 2017
- Application deadline: October 12, 2017
- Notification of results: Stage 1 by the end of October 2017 and Stage 2 by the end of January 2018
- For successful applicants:
- PhD Agreements sent to Institutes by: February 16, 2018
- Signed PhD Agreements returned to MSR via Docusign by: June 30, 2018
- PhD students to be appointed by: March 31, 2019
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Microsoft PhD Scholarship in EMEA 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: 2018 Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA, Application Guide for Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA, Application Requirements for Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA, How to Apply for Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA, Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA, Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA 2018 | Application Guide and Requirements, Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA Application Portal, Microsoft PhD Scholarship at EMEA Official Website