Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 and Registration Guide
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019… Nigeria Higher Education Foundation, NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian undergraduates studying in one of its partner universities. See more details below;
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. We are challenging students to think critically and strategically about change and how they can effect change in Nigeria.
- Grand prize winner of the 2019 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
- The first runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
- The second runner-up will be awarded N50, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
- All students enrolled in their penultimate year at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and The University of Port Harcourt.
- Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third-year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or fourth-year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will verify enrollment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
The 2019 Essay Topics themed is Human Capital Development.
- According to the National Population Commission, Nigeria’s population is currently estimated at 182 million, with more than half of the population under 30 years of age. Assess the importance of youth engagement in Nigeria’s socio-economic growth.
- “The higher education curriculum, in particular, always serves as a means of social control, legitimating [sic] existing social relations, representing somebody’s version of what constitutes important knowledge.” What are the benefits, if any, of instituting a gender-inclusive higher education curriculum in Nigeria?
- Using a case study or example(s), explore how technology can drive social change in Nigeria.
How to Enter.
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
- Respond to one essay prompt;
- Only one essay may be submitted per student;
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted;
- The essay must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts;
- The essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary;
- The essay must be 2000 words maximum, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page;
- Submitted essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID;
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header section of each page;
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified;
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format;
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on December 2, 2019.
Students are encouraged to study rules on how to avoid plagiarism, as the essays will be checked for intellectual authenticity.
Click here for helpful guide
Visit the Official Webpage
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: NHEF, NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2019 and Registration Guide, NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition Registration Requirements, Nigeria Higher Education Foundation, Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship, Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2019