Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship 2017 | NWAG Undergraduate Female Students Scholarship
Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship 2017 | NWAG Undergraduate Female Students Scholarship.
Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship 2017… NWAG scholarship program is one project set up in sponsorship with the federal government to keep undergraduate female student going in thier academics.
Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship 2017
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in Naira equivalent amount of $200.00 each, to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian university or tertiary institutions.
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate
Country to Study in: Nigeria Scholarship Description
- Every year, the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) awards scholarships to female Nigerian undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
- These NWAG scholarships are offered one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of fifty thousand Naira per applicant.
- All applicants must be Nigerian females.
- All applicants must be undergraduate students of a recognized Nigerian University.
- Citizens of Nigeria
- Any recognized Nigerian University / Institution of higher learning.
Fields of Study
- All courses offered by the participating institution / school.
Number of awards
Thirty-seven (37) scholarships – one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Previous Essay Topics
- 2015: “What is the one system in Nigeria, such as educational, political, health care, financial…, that you feel if changed would have the most beneficial impact on Nigerians, and why?”
- 2014: “What are the effects of the frequent Nigerian teachers’ strikes on student academic performance and learning?”
- 2013: “How could we improve the health system in Nigeria especially for women, youth and children?”
- 2012: “The education of our youth is compromised by frequent strikes and school closings. If you were the first female president of Nigeria, how would you handle things differently from President Jonathan or all the past presidents?”
An applicant must be a Nigerian female undergraduate student in a Nigerian University. All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- A type-written, double – spaced, two-page essay on:
- “How has the current inflation and its resultant high cost of living in Nigeria, affected the quality of education in Nigeria?”
- All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
- Must read: 2013 W W Phillipps Awards in Medicine at University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- Awards are one-time scholarships
- The value of the awards is $200 given to each successful applicant
How to Apply
Application process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application. To apply to this scholarship, you should download, print out, complete and submit the ‘NWAG Application Form’ under 2016 NWAG Scholarships In Nigeria as found on the official web site (link to it is below). This completed form should be submitted together with the materials and documents specified below under Requirements.
APPLICATIONS ARE USUALLY DONE ONLINE
Completed applications may be submitted to NWAG either by regular mail to:
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324,
Electronically via email at: [email protected] Subject line of email should read Name of Applicant and State of Origin.
- Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
- It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information.
- Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified. All incomplete applications will be rejected.
- All electronic submission must be in PDF or Word format
- Open to International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)
Application Deadline: SCHOLARSHIP CURRENTLY ON
follow this link for more update …. http://www.nwag.org/nwag-news-updates
Download NWAG Scholarship Application Form.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about NWAG Scholarship 2017, kindly subscribe with your email address to our newsletter.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: 2017/2018 Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship, How to Apply for Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship, Nigeria Women Association of Georgia, Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship, Nigeria Women Association of Georgia Scholarship 2017, NWAG, NWAG Undergraduate Female Students, NWAG Undergraduate Female Students Scholarship, NWAG Undergraduate Scholarship