How to Study Any Course in Germany from Nigeria.
You probably have asked yourself what steps you should take to study in Germany as a Nigerian or resident of Nigeria. There are so many reasons why many Nigerians want to study in Germany. Here are reasons of studying in Germany.
Reasons to Study in Germany from Nigeria
- Cheap or no tuition fee for Nigerian and international students
- Fast academic calendars
- World class quality of education
- Low cost of living and studying in Germany as a Nigerian
How to Study any Course in Germany from Nigeria
There are so many steps to follow if you want to study any course in Nigeria as you might have realized by now but below we would be addressing the most important steps to follow to go about this.
♦ Choose a University.
So, you’ve selected Germany as your study abroad destination – currently it’s time to settle on the correct course and university for you. The German educational Exchange Service (DAAD) encompasses a info of just about 17,000 educational programs to pick from and about eighty-eight study programs which are offered in English Language.
As at now if you want to study in a college in Germany, you would have to learn to speak, read and write German to be able to offer it as there are no college courses in English or any other international language.
Visit the DAAD website: www.daad.de
♦ Find Out Requirements for Admission.
Requirements for Admission
- High-school credential
- School-leaving certificate or university examination result can be sometimes sufficient
- Feststellungsprüfung test. Outstanding students might be given a pass to skip this requirement.
- German language proficiency
Most courses are lectured in German, requiring international candidates to submit proof of German language proficiency. To test your German language proficiency you would to undertake
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH, that means “German language examination for university entrance”) and;
- DaF (formerly Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache, that means “Test of German as an overseas language”).
- English Language proficiency
IELTS or TOEFL is the standard English Language proficiency tests accepted in all German universities.
1. Plan Your Finance.
In order to meet student visa necessities, you may got to show proof that you simply have, or have access to, around € 7,000 p.a. Most students spend about €800 monthly but this varies from city to city and on the students expenses. Liepzig is one of the cheapest countries to study in for students.
2. Seek Admission to Your School of Choice by Applying.
Most universities outsource most of the admission processes to websites such as www.uni-assist.de , a centralized admissions portal for international students, pass by the German educational Exchange Service (DAAD), though not all universities use this.
Twice every year, most German universities offer admission as they typical have two academic calendars to start studies whether during the winter or summer semester.
The specific documents needed and admission application methods are going to be set by each of the schools, however you’ll usually be asked to submit:
- A certified copy of your high-school credential or previous degrees, and the other relevant qualifications in the original language they were given
- A translated summary of your course modules and grades
- A passport picture
- A copy of your passport (personal data and picture ID page)
- Proof of language proficiency (a take a look at certificate or on-line equivalent)
3. Make Provision for Insurance.
Before you travel out of Nigeria, you have made provision for and gotten insurance which would last you throughout your study period in Germany. Most times you are asked to provide proof of this before a German student visa is issued to you at the German Embassy in Lagos or Abuja.
As a Nigerian you would pay between €80 and €160 per month for insurance. This is applicable if you aren’t thirty years old yet and if you are, you would pay higher.
4. Get a German Student Visa
Check the Foreign Federal Office’s web site of Germany to find requirements for Nigerian students as it varies from country to country.
5. Make Provision for Accommodation
Once you’ve gained an area on a course and your student visa (if applicable), it’s wise to start out searching for accommodation, as sadly most German universities don’t supply accommodation to enrolling students. Rent is probably going to be your biggest monthly expense, and this may vary reckoning on that a part of the country you reside in.
In populated cities in Western Germany (i.e. Dusseldorf, Cologne etc.) and smaller, student-oriented cities like Heidelberg and Freiburg, you ought to expect to pay slightly over if you were living in Germany (i.e. Berlin).
When searching for accommodation in Germany, you ought to contemplate student residences, shared accommodation or associate degree lodging.
Shared accommodation is that the most sought after type of accommodation and would be cheaper at around €280 a month, whereas student residences area unit cheaper over again at around €240 a month.
Once you’ve found an area to measure, you would like to register at the ‘residents’ registration office’ (Einwohnermeldeamt) or the ‘citizens’ bureau’ (Bürgeramt).
Enrolment turns candidates into students – you want to enter before you’ll begin your course and use university facilities like the library. You would have to re-register before the onset of each semester. This sometimes prices between €150 and €250 but this is based on the university. There could also be a further charge of around €100 for a “Semesterticket”, that covers conveyance expenses for 6 months.
The usual documents you would need for enrollment are:
- Your passport with visa or residence allow
- A passport picture
- Completed registration kind
- Proof of upper education entrance qualification, either original certificates or formally certified copies and translations
- Notice of admission
- Evidence of adequate information of German (or English)
- Evidence of statutory insurance in Germany
- Payment receipt for the semester fee
Once listed, you may receive a registration certificate that permits you to use for your residence allow and register for categories.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.