Africa Check TRi Facts Verification Training and Mentoring Programme 2018.
Africa Check TRi Facts Verification Training Programme 2018… TRi Facts, Africa Check’s training unit, invites community media organisations to apply for a two-day fact-checking and verification training workshop with continuing on-the-job support funded by the Raith Foundation.
From June 2018 to February 2019, TRi Facts will be running a fact-checking training and mentoring programme aimed at helping a community media organisation implement fact-checking journalism that will form part of their editorial output.
Africa Check is an independent, non-partisan organisation which assesses claims made in the public arena using journalistic skills and evidence drawn from the latest online tools, readers, public sources and experts, sorting fact from fiction and publishing the results.
- All expenses, including lodging, travel and meals related to participation in the training programme will be covered by the organiser. This funding does not cover salaries or per diems, and only covers the cost of mentorship during the mentorship stage. There is no payment for participation in the monitoring and evaluation stages, and there is no payment for submission of fact-checking reports.
- On completion of the programmes, TRi Facts will provide:
- A certificate of completion
- An opportunity to have your fact-checking reports distributed via Africa Check’s channels should they meet certain standards
- Open to community media organisations
- You will need the following:
- Be prepared to commit your team to a two-day training workshop
- Champion fact-checkers within your organisation and partner organisations
- Be able to participate in a mentorship programme until February 2019. The mentorship will be structured to suit the media environment
- Commit to producing fact-checking reports (on a regular basis) between August 2018-January 2019.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation process of the programme
How to Apply.
The application form must be completed by a senior person (i.e. editor, news editor, managing editor, publisher or similar)
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: June 10, 2018
If you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Africa Check TRi Facts Verification Training Programme 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article as interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Africa Check, Africa Check TRi Facts Verification Training, Africa Check TRi Facts Verification Training and Mentoring Programme, Africa Check TRi Facts Verification Training and Mentoring Programme 2018, How to Apply for Africa Check TRi Facts Verification Training and Mentoring Programme