SSRC Abe Fellowship Program 2018 and How to Apply.
SSRC Abe Fellowship Program 2018… The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) and the Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP) are currently inviting application for the Abe Fellowship 2018 for American and Japanese Journalists.
The Fellowship is designed to encourage in-depth coverage of topics of pressing concern to the United States and Japan through individual short-term policy-related projects.
Fellows are expected to produce an analytical article or feature story that will inform public debate or a policy community. The fellow and his/her news organization will decide when to run the article. The program provides support for six weeks in Japan or the United States.
The term may be divided between the principal destination and another country. For example, for Americans, four weeks in Japan and two weeks in another country in the region, and for Japanese, four weeks in the United States and two weeks in Canada or Mexico.
Fellowship Research Agenda.
Applicants are invited to submit proposals on one of the four themes below:
- Threats to Personal, Societal, and International Security
- Growth and Sustainable Development
- Social, Scientific, and Cultural Trends and Transformations
- Governance, Empowerment, and Participation
- The stipend is $23,500, which includes one round-trip air ticket, funds to prepare for overseas fieldwork, and support for interpretation. Fellows may receive salary from their employers, but cannot carry out assignments while on the award.
- Open to citizens of the United States and Japan with at least five years of professional journalistic experience with newspapers, newsmagazines, wire services, and online news organizations. Freelancers are also eligible. Nationals of other countries must be permanent residents of the United States or Japan, or have a long-term affiliation with the American or Japanese journalistic communities.
- US-based applicants with no previous journalistic employment in Japan have priority; Japan-based applicants with no previous journalistic employment in the United States have priority.
- Proposals must be nonpartisan.
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: September 15, 2018
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: 2018/2019 SSRC Abe Fellowship Program, How to Apply for SSRC Abe Fellowship Program, SSRC Abe Fellowship, SSRC Abe Fellowship Program, SSRC Abe Fellowship Program 2018, SSRC Abe Fellowship Program Application Deadline