Applications are open for the UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019. Applicants must be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application. Closing date is 3rd October, 2019. Hurry now and apply.
The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peace building, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
The Forum will enhance the participants’ understanding of the World Heritage Convention; enable them to exchange on the challenges faced in Arab States in relation to heritage; and discuss how culture can be leveraged to contribute to a future of peace for the region.
In addition to building a peer network of like-minded individuals committed to this common goal, the young professionals will be encouraged to create an action plan and design projects/activities towards local communities, by applying the knowledge and skills acquired during the Forum.
The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019 in Tunis, Tunisia, and will gather up to 38 participants from the Arab States region.
- All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered (including transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the Forum).
Participants are expected to:
- Have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on protection, preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities;
- Be working in and/or demonstrate interest in the promotion of peace;
- Be citizens of one of the 19 countries in the Arab States region;
- Be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- Be available for the entire duration of the Forum.
Note: Presenting project proposals and ideas related to World Heritage that promote peace building, while applying, will be considered an additional asset.
Please note that candidates are also requested to attach their CVs, along with the application form.
For more information UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum.
Deadline: October 3, 2019
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.