AIIMS PG 2020 Updates: Application Form, Dates, Admit Card.
AIIMS PG 2020 Examinations for 6-year courses (July session) has been postponed. The exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding AIIMS PG 2020 Updates.
Here are some of the frequent questions asked about the AIIMS PG 2020 Updates. Which in this article all the answers were provided. So take your time in reading through and if you have any other questions, which this article might not have giving you answers to, you can leave a comment at the comment box below.
- When will the basic registration process for MD/MS/M.Ch/DM start?
- How can I fill the application form of AIIMS PG?
- What is the application fee of AIIMS PG? How can I pay the fee?
- In what mode will be the entrance exam of AIIMS PG organized?
- Is modification possible in the choice of exam city after paying the exam fee online?
- Do I have to upload any document at the time of the application process?
- What is the marking pattern of AIIMS PG entrance test?
AIIMS PG 2020 Updates
AIIMS PG is a national level entrance exam organized to offer admission into various postgraduate programmes like MD, DM, MS, M.Ch. and MDS.
Candidates who will successfully qualify the entrance exam with minimum prescribed qualifying marks will get admission into various AIIMS campuses located in the country. This test will be held twice every year i.e. in the month of January and July.
Here are some of the points to note on AIIMS PG 2020 Updates;
- As per the new changes in AIIMS PG 2020, more seats, reservation and exam centres are added.
- 10% Reservation for EWS category candidates has been introduced. Candidates of EWS category will be provided 10% of the total number of available seats.
- 16 new exam cities are added in the list – UT of Puducherry, Sikkim, Manipur, Meghalaya, Shimla, Vishakhapatnam, etc. Besides the addition of exam cities, some of the cities have been removed and some are replaced as exam centres.
- The number of seats for PG courses in AIIMS has been increased. 9 seats are added, now a total of the seats offered for PG admission is 548. Earlier there were 539 seats in AIIMS. The number of seats may increase or decrease, the final seat position will be published before the result announcement.
- From the year 2019, the new registration process of AIIMS PG has been started known as Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR).
- The newly introduced registration process will consist of two stages – Basic registration and Final registration.
AIIMS PG 2020 Important Dates
Check all the official AIIMS PG dates for the January as well as July session in the below-provided table:
July Session (For MD/MS/M.Ch/DM):
|Starting of basic registration||10th December 2019|
|Ending of online registration||10th February 2020|
|Date(s) of Edit Option only for the column of “Basic Registration”||17th – 19th February 2020|
|Basic registration status & last date to correct images||20th – 24th February 2020|
|Final Status of Accepted Basic Registration||27th February 2020|
|Date for Generation of Code||28th February – 23rd March 2020|
|Application correction window||9th – 11th March 2020|
|Uploading Prospectus including seat position||19th March 2020|
|Final Registration for completion of other details||19th March – 4th April 2020|
|Date(s) of Edit Option only for the column of “Final Registration”||26th – 28th March 2020|
|status of Final Registration||7th – 11th April 2020|
|Release of Admit card||To be Announced|
|Exam Date||To be Announced|
|Announcement of result||To be Announced|
|Starting of 1st Counselling round||3rd week of May 2020|
|Starting of 2nd Counselling||Last week of May 2020|
|Open Counselling||In the month of June 2020|
For DM/Fellowship/M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administrator):
|Online registration starts from||12th February 2020|
|Ending of registration||3rd March 2020|
|Status of Application||11th March 2020|
|Last date for submission of required documents||18th March 2020|
|Release of Admit card||To be Announced|
|Exam Date (Stage I)||To be Announced|
|Announcement of result (Stage I)||To be Announced|
|Stage II exam||To be Announced|
|Release of Final Result Notification||To be Announced|
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
Check the complete details of AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form below:
- The Basic registration of AIIMS PG 2020 July session for MD/MS/M.Ch/DM has been started from 10th December 2019.
- The last date of a basic registration is till 10th February 2020 for MD/MS/M.Ch/DM.
- The new registration process (PAAR) of AIIMS PG 2020 involves two steps – Basic registration and Final registration.
- Complete registration and application process can be done in online mode only.
- At the time of basic registration, candidates are able to fill up their basic details and upload images.
- In the final registration process, candidates are required to fill their qualification details, choose the option of exam city and make the application fee payment.
- Final registration can be done from 19th March to 4th April 2020.
- The authority may also provide the AIIMS PG Application correction facility through online mode.
- Candidates will also be able to edit the details of the application form after checking their online application status.
The Application fee for various category candidates is given below:
- For General/OBC candidates – Rs.1500
- For ST/SC/EWS candidates – Rs.1200
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the fee through online mode using debit/credit card or net banking method.
To avoid rejection of applications, candidates will be able to correct details of application form after checking their application status.
Students will be able to make application correction in the uploaded images of MD/MS/ M.Ch.(6 years)/DM (6 years)/MDS from 17th to 21st February 2020.
Candidates must check their application form status after their basic online registration and then make necessary changes before the last date. No correction will be allowed after the last date.
The Application forms with wrong details will be straightaway cancelled and considered ineligible for the Final registration process.
Check Here – How to Fill AIIMS PG Application Form
AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the complete AIIMS PG Eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
For MD/MS/M.Ch/DM/MDS Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have completed their BDS degree to apply for MDS and MBBS degree to apply for MS/MD from a university recognized by the Medical/Dental Council of India.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have secured an aggregate of 55% marks. For ST/SC candidates, a minimum aggregate of 50% marks must be secured.
- Training/Internship: Applying candidate must have completed their 12 months training/internship before January 30 2020, in order to be eligible.
For M.Ch/DM/MD (Hospital Administrator):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess a degree in MS/MD or DNB in from a University recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Age criterion: Applying candidate’s upper age limit should be 35 years as on January 1, 2020. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given to OBC category candidates and 5 years to ST/SC category candidates.
Eligibility for Foreign Nationals/Overseas Citizen of India:
- Candidates who are foreign nationals/overseas citizens of India have to send their registration slip to AIIMS through the diplomatic channel before the last date of online registration.
- For MS/MD/MDS courses, foreign national candidates will be considered against the seats in “Sponsored category”.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete AIIMS PG Exam pattern given below to know various details of the exam:
- Exam Mode: AIIMS PG 2020 will be organized in online CBT mode.
- Number and Types of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple-choice For MDS, there will be a total of 90 questions and for MS/MD the question paper will have a total of 200 questions.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in English.
- Time Duration: For MDS programme, 90 minutes will be given and for the MS/MD programme 180 minutes will be provided.
- Total Marks: For MDS, the exam paper will be of 90 marks and MD/MS paper will be of 200 marks.
- Subjects: The objective type of questions asked for MDS will be from the subjects taught at BDS level. For MD/MS, the objective type of questions will be asked from the MBBS level.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for every correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus
AIIMS PG Syllabus for MS/MD and MDS, the entrance test will contain various subjects from three phases – Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical phase.
The subjects covered under all three phases are:
For Pre-Clinical Phase:
Gross anatomy, Microanatomy, Embryology and Genetics, Neuroanatomy.
Biological cell, Enzymes, Biomolecules, Metabolic pathways, their regulation and metabolic interrelationships, Food assimilation and nutrition, Hormones, Molecular Biology, pH, Buffer, physiological buffer systems, Immunology, Environmental biochemistry, cancer and cancer makers.
General Physiology, Nerve–Muscle, Blood, Respiratory System, Cardiovascular System, Gastrointestinal System, Nutrition, Environmental Physiology, Reproduction, Kidney, Neurophysiology – General, Sensory system, Motor system, Visceral and motivational system, EEG, sleep and higher nervous functions, Special Senses, Yoga.
For Para-clinical Phase:
The topics will be from Community medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology.
For Clinical Phase:
The topics will be from Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics, Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology and Orthopedics), Clinical postings.
AIIMS PG 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below-given preparation tips to enhance their exam preparation and qualify the test:
- Check the complete syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme before starting the exam preparation.
- Make a study timetable and follow it strictly.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points and concepts at one place.
- Attempt mock tests to know your preparation standards and make improvements accordingly.
- Try to solve various sample papers and previous year papers to know the type of questions trends.
AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
Before the commencement of entrance test, the board will publish the AIIMS PG Admit card by online mode. Only those candidates will get their admit card whose final registration is successfully done and required documents are submitted.
To display and download the admit card, students have to click on the online provided link of download and enter their registration ID and password. Students must make sure that all the details in the admit card are correct.
In case of any discrepancy in it, officials must be informed to rectify the problem before the last date. Admit card for 3-year courses will be released on 26th March 2019.
Download Here – AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
AIIMS PG 2020 Result
AIIMS PG Result for the July Session will be declared on 8th May 2020 for MD/MS/M.Ch/DM programmes. The result will be released in the form of merit list shortlisting the name of candidates who have successfully qualified the entrance exam.
For admission into DM/Fellowship/M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administrator) programmes the result will be announced on 9th April 2020. Candidates can check the result through online mode by entering id and password.
AIIMS PG 2020 Cut Off
To qualify the entrance test, candidates have to attain AIIMS PG cut off marks released online for various categories. The cut-off marks will be prepared by the board on the basis of various factors – Difficulty level of the paper, number of available seats, the total number of appearing candidates, number of available seats etc.
The expected cut off marks for various categories are described below:
|Category||Expected Cut-off marks|
AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling
For Admission into MD/MS/M.Ch/DM programmes, AIIMS has started the counselling process from 2nd December 2019 for January session.
The AIIMS PG counselling process for the July session admission into MD/MS/M.Ch/DM will start from the third week of May 2020. It will be held in four rounds – Mock Round, Round 1, Round 2 and Open Counselling.
At the time of counselling, candidates have to register for counselling, make the choice of programme and institution and lock the filled choices. Also, candidates must carry the required documents for the certificate verification round of counselling.
Visit AIIMS PG Homepage – For More Information
I’m sure all your questions have been answered above. But if you have any other queries or thoughts about AIIMS PG 2020 Updates, you may leave your comments below in the comment box.
Also, make sure you do well to share this article on all your social media platforms. That is to enable your friend’s easy access to this information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: aiims pg 2020, AIIMS PG 2020 admit card, aiims pg 2020 admit card download, AIIMS PG 2020 Application date, AIIMS PG 2020 Application Fee, AIIMS PG 2020 Application form, AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling, AIIMS PG 2020 Cut Off, AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility, AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Dates, AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern, AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Schedule, aiims pg 2020 january exam date, AIIMS PG 2020 Preparation Tips, aiims pg 2020 prospectus, AIIMS PG 2020 registration, AIIMS PG 2020 result, AIIMS PG 2020 syllabus, aiims pg final registration, AIIMS PG student login, aiimsexams.org