CLAT 2020 Counselling, Seat Allotment & Admission Procedure.
CLAT 2020 Counselling will be released in the first week of June 2020. It will be organized through online mode. Candidates can check the complete information about CLAT Counselling 2020.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level law entrance exam. CLAT 2020 will be conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities.
Through CLAT examination, candidates can get admission into integrated LL.B. and LL.M. programmes. The CLAT scorecard is considered by various private and government law colleges in India.
CLAT Counselling 2020
CLAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted for admission to UG and PG law degree programmes. The courses will be offered by CLAT participating institutions, including NLUs, government and private institutions. The admission will be provided through centralized counselling. The counselling process will take place in four rounds.
The seat allotment will be done on the merit-cum-preference basis. After a few days of the declaration of written result, the authority will release the merit list in which candidates must check their names. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be called for the counselling.
CLAT Counselling Schedule 2020
Here we are providing the schedule for the centralized counselling:
|Declaration of result & releasing of merit list||24th May 2020|
|Releasing of 1st seat allocation list||2nd week of June|
|Payment of counselling fee & exercising options||2nd week of June|
|Releasing of 2nd seat allotment list||3rd week of June|
|Counselling fee payment & exercising options||3rd week of June|
|The date for locking of allotted seats after exercising option for shifting or withdrawing from the admission process against the second allotment list||3rd week of June|
|Releasing of 3rd allotment list||4th week of June|
|Payment of full fees by the candidates whose name appear for the first time in the third allotment list to the allotted Universities||4th week of June|
|Receiving status of admissions from the participating NLU (s) in the CLAT office||2nd week of July|
CLAT Counselling Procedure 2020
The CLAT centralized counselling will take place through online mode. Below, candidates will be able to check the step-wise procedure of admission in CLAT participating NLU’s.
Step 1: Publication of first indicative seat allotment list:
- The CLAT office publishes the university-wise first indicative list through online mode.
- It will be released on the basis of merit-cum-preference.
- The list can be accessed from the CLAT website.
Step 2: Payment of counselling fee and exercising the option for provisionally selected candidates:
- Candidates will be called for web-based counselling from various categories.
- Candidates will have to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000/-.
- Candidates those will fail to deposit the requisite amount of fee for the counselling before the last date, their names will be dropped from the CLAT 2020 merit list.
- Candidates can only reserve their seats if they will pay the required amount of counselling fee.
Step 3: Publishing the second list having the names of finalized candidates and additional waitlisted candidates:
- The CLAT office will release the second list having the names of the candidates those will have paid the counselling fee and reserve their seats.
- The list of waitlisted candidates will also be released against the dropped out candidates.
- The provisionally selected candidates will also have to submit the counselling fee within the prescribed time period to reserve their seats.
Step 4: Publishing of the third list of selected candidates:
- The CLAT office will be published the third list of the candidates those who have paid the counselling fee. And reserve their seats in the participating NLU’s.
- The list of waitlisted candidates will also be released against the dropped out candidates along with third allotment list.
- The provisionally selected candidates will have to submit the counselling fee in the given time period to reserve their seats.
Step 5: Publishing of the fourth list of selected candidates:
- The provisionally selected candidates will be able to withdraw their seats within the prescribed time period. The authority will deduct the nominal fee of Rs. 10, 000/- from the submitted counselling fee.
- After the last date, no withdrawal from the admission process will be entertained.
- The authority will publish the fourth list of the candidates those have submitted their fee and reserved the seats.
- The comprehensive list will contain the names of the candidates those who have paid the counselling fee against the first, second and third indicative lists.
- Candidates those names will appear in the fourth list have to submit the full fee to the allotted NLU at the time of admission.
Step 6: Completion of admission formalities to the allotted NLUs:
- After the candidates will finally allot the seats, they will have to report at the allotted NLU with the balance amount towards the admission and other fees.
- The candidates will have to carry the relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority to complete their admission formalities.
- The certificates in original will be checked by the respective universities at the time of their admission.
- The candidates failing to meet the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to get admission in participating NLU.
- The candidates seeking admission under various categories will be required to obtain the relevant. And authentic certificates/documents from the competent authorities and produce them at the time of admission in the concerned NLU.
- Candidates those will fail to report at the allotted NLU to complete the admission formalities will automatically lose their claim for admission. And also their entire amount of the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000/- will be forfeited.
List of documents to be required at the time of admission
- CLAT application form 2020
- CLAT admit card 2020
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet for proof of date of birth
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Specially-abled certificate
- NRI certificate
- Domicile certificate
- CLAT Scorecard
Login CLAT – For More Information
If you have any other queries about CLAT Counselling 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below. Also, do well to hit the share icon, to share this article on all your social media platforms. This is to help spread this information with all your friends and loved ones.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.