NECO Food and Nutrition Questions 2020: Food and Nutrition NECO Expo Questions is out now on our website. In this article, I will be showing you past NECO Food and Nutrition random repeated questions for free. You will also understand how NECO Food and Nutrition are set and many more examination details. All you need to do is to stay focus and follow this guide.
The National Examinations Council (also known as NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
The National Examination Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) for June/ July 2018 Food and Nutrition Paper III & II: Objective & Essay will hold on Tuesday 3rd July from 10:00am – 12:30pm.
In this article, we will be posting the NECO Food and Nutrition questions for candidates that will participate in the 2018 examination. Note that below is the questions from NECO Food and Nutrition past questions and answers that we feel are likely questions for exam preparation.
NECO Food and Nutrition Answers 2020.
1a- a legume is a plant of its fruit or seed in the family fabaceae. They fruit containing a shed or a pod
1b) bean: kidney beans
•legumes are rich in protein
•Legume provide fiber for heart and digestive health
•Legumes help you manage your weight
•Legumes is easy to add to your diet
1. Long term storage of fresh produce (12
months+) without needing a refrigerator or
2. Environmentally friendly – using seasonally
grown and locally sourced fresh produce, re-
use preserving jars, reducing food packaging
and reducing food miles.
3. Save money by buying in bulk and
4. Flavour! Home canned food won’t contain
artificial preservatives, BPA or other artificial
5. Convenience – ready to serve in minutes.
6. Community involvement – both the canning
process and sharing with family, friends and
neighbours. Teach skills to the next
7. Gifts – nothing beats a homemade jam for a
8. Prepare for emergencies and/or illness.
9. Personal satisfaction. We love creating new
flavour combinations that you cannot buy in
your local store – and showing how to use
canned food in cooking dishes
•Prevention or delay of microbial
• By keeping out microorganisms (asepsis)
• By removal of microorganisms
• By hindering the growth and activity of
microorganisms (e.g. by low temperatures,
drying, anaerobic conditions, or chemicals).
• By killing the microorganisms (e.g. by heat or
2) Prevention or delay of self decomposition of
• By destruction or inactivation of food
enzymes (by blanching)
• By prevention or delay of chemical reactions
(By using antioxidant)
4bi) protein are essential for the nutrient of the body because they are building blocks of the body tissue and can also server as a fuel, it is mostly needed for human growth
4bii) protein is a nutrient found in food (meat, beans, milk) that is made up of many amino acids. it ts necessary part of diet for human growth
5ai)Recipe is a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required.
i) List of Ingredients
ii) Amount of the Ingredients
I) Include a variety of foods from the major food groups:A balanced diet requires eating a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and lean protein (this includes beans and other legumes, nuts and seeds).
ii) Use a variety of ingredients, flavors and textures:Since calories, nutrients and fiber content of foods in the same food group can differ dramatically, good nutrition depends on getting a variety of different foods from within the food groups.
iii)Take proper portion sizes into account:When people are faced with overly large portions, they tend to overeat. Check the packages of foods you’re preparing to about serving sizes and follow the guidelines. Unless you intend to make a lot of food so that there will be leftovers, try to follow basic serving size guidelines.
6i)A recipe is a set of instructions that describes how to prepare or makeY something, especially a culinary dish. It is also used in medicine or in information technology (user acceptance).
- Do not open your question paper until you are told to do so
- USE HB pencil throughout in the OBJ Section
- You are free to use Biro in the theory part
- You are allowed to use calculator to solve
- Make sure that you fill your name, Subject, paper, write WASSCE, paper code and other examination details where necessary.
- Ensure that the texts in your question papers are boldly printed
- Behave yourself.
- Don’t let invigilators catch you using expo
- neco gce food and nutrition questions
- neco questions for food and nutrition
- 2019/2020 neco food and nutrition questions
- neco food and nutrition past questions download
- neco food and nutrition questions
- gce food and nutrition questions 2019
- neco food and nutrition question
- food and nutrition questions for gce
DISCLAIMER! These are not real NECO Food and Nutrition questions but likely repeated questions over the years to help candidate understand the nature of their examinations. Ensure to take note of every questions provided on this page.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about NECO Food and Nutrition Answers kindly provide us with your Email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, or twitter share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.