=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Official JAMB Admission Guideline for 2016/17 is Out – jamb.org.ng. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has published the guidelines for admissions into tertiary institutions fr 2016 academic year saying the point system copied from its website was a mere illustration.
In a statement released by the JAMB’s Head of Media and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, on Sunday in Lagos, the Federal Government had approved the re-enforcement of admission guideline as recognised by law.
According to the statement, the admission of candidates into tertiary institutions will be based purely on three pillars, namely merit, catchment and educationally less developed states.
The 2016 admission guidelines are as follows;
- firstly, a list of candidates who qualified for screening into individual institutions based on the three stipulated criteria will be presented;
- such screening did not demand for another test in any form written, oral or electronic;
- candidates are to present their Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results /Advanced Level (AL) results for verification and clearing purposes;
- WAEC, NECO and NBTE results or its equivalent are acceptable as matriculation requirements;
- each candidate is expected to have a minimum of five credits at SSCE, including English, Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects to his or her discipline;
- any candidate that does not possess the requirements as listed above is deemed to have failed the screening.
- the list of qualified candidates awaiting awaiting SSCE/AL results can be kept in view (K.I.V) pending the release of their results;
- consideration of the recommended list as forward by JAMB should be completed within one month from the date of receipt of the list;
- any institution that has a shortfall in the admitted candidates could make-up for candidates from other departments on the institutions list;
- The screening list has been uploaded on JAMB website www.jamb.org.ng for possible users;
- the reasons for rejection of candidates on the list should be clearly stated with proof provided alongside; and
- the Federal Government has directed that these guidelines must be strictly adhered to without any alterations.
For a copy of the official document outlining the guidelines, see the PDF file via the link below;
Best of luck To You all…
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links