University of South Africa Exam Results Release Dates 2019.
Have you been curious to know about University of South Africa exam result release date? Don’t worry anymore, this article have provided you with not just UNISA result release dates 2019, but everything you need to know about UNISA exams. Read on!
About University of South Africa (UNISA)
The University of South Africa (UNISA), is the largest university system in South Africa by enrollment. It attracts a third of all higher education students in South Africa.
Through various colleges and affiliates, UNISA has over 350,000 students, including international students from 130 countries worldwide, making it one of the world’s mega universities and the only such university in Africa.
As a comprehensive university, UNISA offers both vocational and academic programmes, many of which have received international accreditation, as well as an extensive geographical footprint, giving their students recognition and employability in many countries the world over.
Release dates for UNISA results 2019
The May/June 2019 examination period was due to start on 2 May and end on 20 June. Due to the timing of the National General Elections (scheduled on 8 May), the May/June 2019 Unisa exams were moved forward to 24 April, with the exams concluding on 12 June.
The release dates for the May/June 2019 and the October/November 2019 examination period have been published and are as follows:
- May/June 2019 – 26 June 2019
- October/November 2019 – 20 December 2019
Examination results will be released on a daily basis, with the final scheduled release date being on 27 July 2019. Taking this into account, the late release of exam results will affect the second semester registration period.
The Unisa Second Semester registration period will, therefore, be extended from 31 July 2019 to 10 August 2019. Please note that the aforementioned date refers to Unisa students who are awaiting their exam results and not to Unisa students who are registering for the first time.
Take note of the following with regards to the release of the examination results:
- Final examination results (when available) WILL BE RELEASED to students via myUnisa and post on the above-mentioned release dates;
- Students with outstanding study fees/books will not have their exam results released until all debts are paid in full;
- Students will NOT be provided their exam results over the phone by the Unisa academic/administrative staff;
- Timetables for supplementary exams will not be made available for students if there are any outstanding fees/library books owed.
How to Receive Feedback on Exams
When it comes to the ‘How’ of receiving feedback on exam results, there are two (2) options that Unisa students can use to find out their exam results:
1. myUnisa: If you are a Unisa student, you would know of myUnisa. Students can find out on myUnisa (register here) whether they want to receive their exam results via your email/myLife email account.
Alternatively, students can also head onto myUnisa and find out their exam results. Log onto myUnisa and click on ‘My Admin’. Once there, click on ‘Exam Results’ and students will be able to view their exam results.
Exam results are uploaded overnight onto myUnisa. Students need only to look once a day whether exam results have been released or not.
2. Post: Students will also receive their examination results via post, with exam results to be released on the scheduled release date (unless stated otherwise with regards to outstanding fees/library books owed).
For students that have written their exams and in turn, completed their qualification, these are the following dates to keep an eye out for on when students will receive notice about the completion of their qualification:
- Students who wrote in the May/June 2019 exams will be notified from the end of August 2019 and onwards;
- Students who wrote in the October/November 2019 exams will be notified from the end of January 2020 and onwards.
NB. Once again, students with outstanding study fees/books will not have their exam results released until all debts are paid in full. It’s the students’ prerogative to make sure that their fees are paid in full as to receive their results and in turn, moving onto the next step of their qualification.
When will UNISA NOT Release a Student’s Exam Results?
- NO exam results will be released to a student who has outstanding UNISA Library books that still need to be returned. Only AFTER the outstanding fees for the outstanding UNISA Library books have been paid, will the student’s results be released to him/her.
- NO UNISA academics or administrative personnel are aloud to give exam results telephonically.
- NO UNISA timetables for the extra (supplementary) exams will be released if any study fees or Library books are outstanding.
About Marking and Re-marking of UNISA Exam Answer Papers/Books
- Only students who received 35% – 49% or 68% – 74% in a subject in the exams, are allowed to apply for a re-mark of that specific subject.
- A step-by-step guideline of how the re-marking of Exam answer papers/books work, are being sent to students together with their exam results.
- Every re-mark application must include the indicated fee for it to be done.
- These fees can be found under “Assignments and Examinations” under the Examination fees on the myUnisa Website.
- NO late applications will be considered for a re-mark.
- A student can also not apply for the re-mark of a practical part of an exam.
- Students can apply at any of the UNISA offices nearest to them, or it can be done through an e-mail: [email protected]. (The student number must be filled in in the subject heading.)
- Under NO circumstances must any students applying for a re-mark be directed to any academic staff member.
- An external examiner or moderator who was not part of the original marking will do or make sure the re-marking is properly done according to UNISA procedures and rules and regulations.
- Re-marking results will be released about 2 months after the closing date of the applications of the re-marking.
- The mark that a student gets after the re-marking will be the final exam result. No matter if this mark is lower than the original mark a student got in the original exams.
Re-marking fees will be refunded when:
- A student who failed in the original exam, now PASSES because of the re-marking of a subject
- A student who failed in the original exam, now PASSES with a SUB-MINIMUM (if applicable) because of the re-marking of a subject
- A student gets a DISTINCTION because of the re-marking
- After the re-marking of a subject a student gets admission to go and study for a following, higher qualification because of the much better marks that he/she got for a subject after it got re-marked.
This is all you need to know about UNISA Examination and its result release dates. If you find this article crucial, do not hesitate to share with someone who needs it. Good Luck!
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.