University of Cambridge CTR Next Generation Fellowship 2020
CTR Next Generation Fellowship 2020 – The University of Cambridge is inviting applications from the UK, EU and Overseas applicants to join CTR Next Generation Fellowship at the Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience.
The Next Generation Fellowships are aimed at promoting the career prospects of high-calibre individuals pursuing innovative research falling within the remit of the Centre, with special reference to the trophoblast.
Applications addressing the Grand Challenges identified by the Centre will be particularly welcomed. The Fellowships are highly flexible to suit individual needs and enable the holder to develop as an independent researcher within a supportive and stimulating environment.
Holders are expected to apply for a Research Fellowship/Career Development Award from a research council or other funding body or a faculty position during the course of their tenure.
The Next Generation Fellowships are a great springboard to a long and successful career in the field of reproduction. The very first Next Generation Fellow is now a University Lecturer at Cambridge University.
Subsequent NGFs have moved on to prestigious positions such as group leaders in outstanding research centres (Crick Institute in London, Blizzard Institute in London, Stem Cell Institute in Vienna).
Some have been awarded prestigious fellowships from the Royal Society. One of the former NGFs even went on to create her own Bio-Tech company in Cambridge!
University of Cambridge CTR Next Generation Fellowship
- A Fellowship is usually of three years duration and may be held in any department within the University or its affiliated institutes. A Fellowship will provide for a personal salary on the Research Associate scale (Grade 7 point 40-48, £31302-£39609 depending on research experience), justified research consumables, essential equipment, and conference travel.
- Successful candidates will be free and indeed encouraged, to apply for additional funding from other sources. Fellows will be expected to contribute fully to the activities of the Centre and to their host department.
University of Cambridge CTR Next Generation Fellowship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications from UK, EU and Overseas students are accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD program will be awarded for research
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Candidates should normally be within 5 years of the award of their PhD (due allowance will be made for those whose career has been affected for personal reasons).
- Applicants must display evidence of academic excellence, a strong research record, and the ability to perform independent research.
- The Fellowships are open to UK, EU and overseas graduates.
- Applications addressing the Grand Challenges identified by the Centre will be particularly welcomed.
How to Apply
To apply, candidates should submit a fully-costed research proposal using the CTR form.
All documents with the application form must be posted to the following address:
- The Administrator,
- Centre for Trophoblast Research,
- Physiology Building,
- Downing Street,
- Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
For more information, visit University of Cambridge.
Note: Quote reference PM20936 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
Deadline: 16th December, 2019
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: CTR Next Generation Fellowship, CTR Next Generation Fellowship 2020, How to Apply for University of Cambridge CTR Next Generation Fellowship, University of Cambridge CTR Next Generation Fellowship 2020