Peace and Social Change Fellowship 2020 – Applications are open for the Peace and Social Change Fellowship Program 2020, hosted by the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) Program at Columbia University, Earth Institute. Application closes on 21st October, 2019. Hurry now and apply.
The Peace and Social Change Fellowship Program is designed to bring together activists, practitioners and academics to learn from and with each other, strengthen relationships, and exchange ideas with other grassroots women change makers from across diverse contexts and geographies.
This 2020 call for applications is open to African grassroots activists working broadly on the issue of peace and security. This includes less commonly recognized aspects of peace and security, such as gender-based violence, land rights, economic equity, sexual and reproductive rights, and climate change, among other topics.
The fellowship will begin with a three-day Peace and Social Change workshop that will take place in Nairobi, Kenya in January 2020.
Fellows will be invited to bring two to three representatives from their organizations with them to the workshop in order to increase cross-learning within their respective organizations/movements.
After the January workshop, the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) program staff will facilitate six months of ongoing communication among the fellowship cohort via webinars and email.
They will also connect fellows with graduate student researchers from Columbia University and The Graduate Center of The City University of New York (CUNY).
This team of graduate student researchers will help increase the visibility of fellows’ work and organizations through interdisciplinary research projects based on fellows’ feedback and reported needs.
At the end of the fellowship period, fellows, WPS staff and graduate student researchers will meet for a second gathering in Nairobi, Kenya to discuss and present their collaborative work.
- All participants will have costs related to travel, lodging, and meals throughout the Nairobi workshop covered.
The fellowship is designed for women grassroots activists who:
- Currently work on behalf of an African-based, grassroots-level organization or movement in the area of social justice and social change such as, but not limited to, gender based violence, land rights, climate change, maternal health, etc.
- Currently reside in Africa
- Have a history of movement-building or change-making in their community
- Have some aspect of their work related to the theme of peace and security
- Are available to travel to Nairobi, Kenya in January 2020 and July 2020 for two three-day workshops
- Are interested in collaborating with graduate students from the United States to generate research for movement support
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are proficient in English
- All levels of experience are invited to apply
Application Deadline: October 21st 2019
How to Apply
For more information about Peace and Social Change Fellowship CLICK HERE.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.