United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship – Applications are open for the United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship 2020. Application closing date is December 15, 2019.
By way of recognizing youth as the key player in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and building on the success of the past cohorts of the Local Pathways Fellows, the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) is recruiting its 2020 cohort of the Local Pathways Fellows.
The 2020 cohort of the Local Pathways Fellowship will bring together a network of 100 young thought leaders, urban planners, sustainability advocates, researchers and innovators from 100 different cities across the world to advance local dialogue, collaboration and problem solving around the Sustainable Development Goals and to make cities and urban settlements “smart, fair and sustainable”.
This year the Fellowship has redesigned its curriculum to help fellows develop skills that will be in high demand in 2020.
The Local Pathways Fellowship seeks to provide young leaders with a platform, a guiding framework for action, and connect them with leading development experts and practitioners:
- Guide and inform their work around their existing and future projects, and help them develop insights about local sustainable development challenges;
- Provide them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitate mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions;
- Support them in becoming local advocates that promote and advocate for dialogue and problem solving for sustainable development.
The fellows will take on a 10-month journey throughout which they will explore pathways for “localizing” the globally adopted goals and targets, exchange knowledge and ideas, and work to engage local stakeholders in a dialogue around pathways towards a better future for their fellow citizens.
- The Local Pathways Fellowship is unpaid. The fellows will benefit from global visibility and exposure as champions for sustainable urban development, numerous opportunities to develop their expertise, as well as access to a vast network of SDG professionals and advocates.
United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship Eligibility
- Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application (exceptions may apply);
- Candidates must be based in the same city throughout the entire duration of the Fellowship (January through November 2020);
- Candidates must be fluent in English and the local language of the cities they represent;
- Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to and a solid understanding of the concept of sustainable development;
- Candidates must be able to commit the minimum of 5-7 hours each week on average;
- Candidates must have a stable internet connection;
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement and advocacy, or similar;
- A demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy or similar fields would be considered a strong asset.
How to Apply for United Nations SDSN Youth Local Pathways Fellowship
For more information, visit UN SDSN Youth.
Deadline: December 15, 2019
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.