Abt Associates Job for a Program Coordinator / Technical Specialist – December, 2016.
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management.
Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator / Technical Specialist 10
Req Id 45924
- Abt Associates seeks a qualified Program Coordinator / Technical Specialist 10 to support the International Health Division in Nigeria.
- Across its partner countries, SFI will finance activities related to advocacy, tax administration and policy reform, efficiency, innovative financing, and private sector engagement in order to generate domestic resources for HIV and AIDS programming.
- As a result of program expansion, HFG seeks to engage a Program Coordinator that will coordinate program activities in supported states.
- The program coordinator is expected to work closely with the CoP to effectively coordinate HFG activities at the state level and provide timely and periodic updates on states related issues.
- The Program Coordinator will report to the Chief of Party.
- In Nigeria, HFG will provide technical assistance to help implement activities in collaboration with Nigerian civil society organizations, appropriate Government of Nigeria (GoN) State Ministries (such as the State Ministries of Health and State Ministries of Economics, Budget, and Planning, State Ministries of Finance), Departments and Agencies (MDAs) such as the Lagos State Agency for the Control of Aids (LSACA) and the Rivers State Agency for the Control of Aids (RivSACA).
- In furtherance to HFG’s previous work in Nigeria, USAID plans to deploy the Sustainable Financing Initiative (SFI) to increase service coverage, strengthen financial protection, and improve access to vulnerable populations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Chief of Party to coordinate field activities to ensure timely implementation of planned activities of HFG Nigeria without compromising quality and efficiency;
- Coordinate all programmatic and administrative activities as it relates to the state program coordinators in the priority states;
- Participate in work planning and strategic review of documents
- Carry out other program related activities as requested by the Chief of Party.
- Ensure an effective collaboration with the communications and Knowledge Management unit to identify and document success stories/lessons learned;
- Update the progress tracking sheet in partnership with state program coordinators in the priority states;
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s Degree (minimum), in Public Health, Social Sciences, Business or other relevant Health Systems Strengthening fields;
- Demonstrated oversight ability that ensures quality, relevance and timeliness;
- Knowledge about US Government development assistance policy and USAID operational procedures is desirable; and
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrated good oral and writing communication skills
- At least six years of progressive professional experience in Administration, public health, health financing, health economics or pubic finance management;
- Project support/back-stopping, health and international experience;
- Organizational skills and leadership capabilities and the ability to lead multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- 8+ years of experience and a Master’s Degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: ABT Associates