ACTED Recruitment for Area Logistic Manager 2018.
ACTED Job Vacancy for Area Logistic Manager … Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development is recruiting for Area Logistic Manager. The ideal candidate must possess BA or MA Degree in Logistics.
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Logistic Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: Fixed term
Duration 12 months
Starting date: ASAP
Ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent supply chain management in the area (taking into account logistics activities in the area as a support to other areas if any):
- Ensure that ACTED procurement guidelines are applied in the area at all times;
- Maintain a local supplier database up-to-date & build a strategic view of sourcing in the area;
- Support the design of budgets by checking main unit prices as well as maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of running costs;
- Ensure the development of the procurement plan for every project, in close coordination with the CLM, taking into consideration project constraints, donors & ACTED procurement guidelines, and any other specifics.
- Coordinate procurement with capital & other field offices logistics & program staff. Anticipate procurement risks such as tender failure, delivery planning, seasonality, budget restrictions, custom clearance, etc., and liaise efficiently with other departments and the CLM to mitigate such risks. Major risks identified should be directly raised to the Area Coordinator and the CLM promptly, and during Weekly Area Meetings.
- Ensure the timely implementation of procurement’s in full compliance with ACTED logistics procedures, in particular procurement scenarios & level of authorizations: amend procurement plans if needed and submit them to the CLM approval; anticipate & request waivers to the CLM according to the project chronogram to meet operational deadlines; help drafting calls for tenders when needed (in coordination with Project Managers); follow-up selection & contract signature according to level of authorizations.
- Maintain framework contracts for running supplies/services/works in alignment with ACTED procurement guidelines; ensure constant availability of running supplies/services/works such as fuel, stationery, transportation means, etc.
- Apply the value for money principle throughout the procurement process by implementing sound suppliers/service providers/contractors offers comparison, physical quality check, search for the best prices, etc.
- Ensure the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of procurement documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (tender documents, contracts, quotations, etc.);
- Stocks & deliveries:
- Identify warehouses/storage space based on needs in the area, with a strategic view of flows & interconnections between locations & ACTED offices in coordination with the CLM. Ensure premises are furnished, made secure for use, and maintained;
- Ensure goods transportation means are secured such as rental trucks, air cargo, etc.
- Follow-up deliveries based on contractual terms. Liaise efficiently with suppliers for timely deliveries in particular, or efficient solving of any unexpected issue.
- Anticipate & mitigate delivery risks such as: transportation, legal authorizations, custom clearance, quality check, etc.
- Manage an efficient planning for deliveries to the project teams, and maintain a regular information toward Project Managers about their stock levels & expected lead-times;
- Ensure that ACTED stocks & delivery guidelines are applied in the area at all times ;
- Maintain and disseminate a monthly stock report for every project;
- Handle periodic inventories, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner;
- Ensure the exhaustion of stocks before the project ending dates and provide projects final stock reports to the CLM as per donors’ guidelines;
- Ensure the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of stocks & deliveries documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (stock reception vouchers, stocks cards, stock exit forms, etc.).
- Implement an up-to-date order follow-up registering all orders launched or managed in the area, and their current status; disseminate the tool to all operational managers.
- Ensure that quantity & quality is checked at every step of the supply chain;
- Handle random checks during field visits as well as amongst daily management tasks to check overall traceability of items.
Ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent transversal logistical management in the area (taking into account logistics activities in the area as a support to other areas if any):
- Fleet & transportation management:
- Anticipate vehicles allocations, purchase or rental based on program & transversal needs in the area; liaise with the CLM and Area Coordinator to anticipate budgets accordingly;
- Maintain efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools;
- Ensure that ACTED fleet management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: logbooks, registration & maintenance sheets, etc.
- Ensure that all vehicles in use are insured;
- Review & implement an efficient maintenance strategy in the area in alignment of the country maintenance strategy (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs): handle market surveys of maintenance facilities, genuine spare parts market, develop practical tools to anticipate vehicles availability, etc.
- Ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in every vehicle in use, and for any movement;
- Maintain a monthly physical inventory of fleet, and update related tools accordingly;
- Calculate and check the monthly cost of each vehicle (fuel consumption, repairs, insurance, etc.); investigate and solve major over-costs; report major increases in fleet costs to the Area Coordinator during Weekly Area Meetings, and to the CLM in the logistics TITANIC reports.
- Identify transportation companies for needs that can’t be covered by ACTED fleet, taking into account opportunities made available through the humanitarian community (logistics cluster, UN flights, etc.): vehicle rental companies, air cargo companies, boat lines, etc.
- Coordinate stock transfers or deliveries accordingly by developing coordination tools such as timetables, operational meetings, etc., in close coordination with the CLM.
- Organize and oversee loading and unloading of goods;
- Ensure administrative requirements toward customs and any other local authority when transporting goods/staff;
- Organize regular drivers training and refreshers (driving, security & safety, basic maintenance, crisis management, etc);
- Ensure the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fleet & transportation documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (logbooks, maintenance sheets, administrative authorizations, insurance cards, etc.).
- Fuel management:
- Manage fuel supply in the area in compliance with ACTED procurement guidelines; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks if any.
- Ensure minimum fuel quality requirements;
- Ensure that ACTED fuel management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: fuel slips, fuel bills, standard consumption rates, etc.
- Maintain appropriate storage facilities for fuel, as per security & safety guidelines;
- Maintain a monthly fuel inventory, and update related tools accordingly; discrepancies with standard consumption rates should be investigated and documented.
- Ensure the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fuel documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (logbooks, fuel slips & bills, etc.).
- Asset management:
- Anticipate assets allocations, purchase or rental based on program & transversal needs in the area; liaise with CLM and Area Coordinator to anticipate budgets accordingly;
- Ensure that ACTED asset management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: registration cards, monthly asset follow-up, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date monthly asset follow-up per project code, budget line, with a clear location & user for each asset; investigate and document any loss or damage.
- Organize monthly and random asset inventories in the area to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability, and take any corrective action needed;
- Review & implement an efficient maintenance strategy in the area in alignment of the country maintenance strategy (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs): handle market surveys of maintenance services, develop practical tools to anticipate assets availability, etc.
- Organize regular staff training and refreshers (right use of computers & radios, installation & use of generators, etc);
- Ensure the transfer or donation of assets before project ending dates, and provide projects final asset reports to the CLM as per donors’ guidelines;
- Ensure the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of asset documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (registration cards, etc.).
- Premises management:
- Identify & arrange contractual terms of premises (offices, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational, security, and financial criteria, in close liaison with the CLM and the Area Coordinator.
- Ensure the upgrade of each premises up to ACTED standards;
- Ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premises by providing in particular appropriate power supply, drinking water, stationery, etc.
- Supervise preventive & corrective maintenance or works of premises;
- Maintain a monthly physical inventory of other goods (in addition to the monthly asset follow-up on another hand);
- Ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in every premises;
- Ensure that all premises are insured;
- Ensure the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of premises documentation (lease agreements, security assessments, etc.)
- Communications & IT management:
- Anticipate communication & IT needs & communication means allocations, purchase or rental accordingly based on program & transversal needs in the area; liaise with the CLM and the Area Coordinator to anticipate budgets accordingly;
- Ensure that ACTED communication & IT management guidelines are applied in the area;
- Maintain a monthly communication costs follow-up; investigate and solve major over-costs; report major increases in communication costs to the Area Coordinator during Weekly Area Meetings, and to the CLM in the logistics TITANIC reports.
- Ensure administrative requirements toward local authorities for communication means in use;
- Define & implement an efficient IT plan in the area in alignment with the country IT plan (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs): handle market surveys of maintenance services, internet connections opportunities, etc. The general objective is to ensure that ACTED in country benefits from the best technological services at the best price, depending on budget, and based on ACTED global standards.
- Ensure monthly data back-up (server, emails, etc.) as per replication standards;
- Organize IT staff regular training & refreshers;
- Ensure IT security guidelines in the area, and take any needed corrective action; ensure IT security crisis management in close liaison with the CLM if required.
- Ensure the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of communication & IT documentation (lease agreements, security assessments, etc.)
Ensure compliance to ACTED & donors’ procedures in all logistics operations in the area:
- Ensure ACTED logistics manual is applied in the area by logistics, finance, program and coordination teams;
- Ensure that donors’ specific requirements for logistics & procurement are met;
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to ACTED Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy;
- Report logistics TITANIC to the CLM on a monthly basis as per ACTED logistics manual details, after carefully checking the reliability & relevance of data reported from field offices;
- Organize a 6-month planning for field visits (sub-areas if any) with clear ToRs, including ad hoc checks (asset & stock inventories, fuel consumption, etc.) and written report following each visit; the planning & ToR should be shared with the CLM & the Area Coordinator in advance.
- Organize regular logistics staff training & refreshers internally about ACTED procedures, lessons learnt, FAQ, etc. throughout workshops or field visits;
- Capitalize on lessons learnt through memos, training module, etc. for continuous improvements of logistics compliance in country;
- Follow-up & update internal & external audit report for logistics for the area;
- Ensure a timely and accurate logistics document flow to the Finance and Transparency/Compliance departments as per ACTED global audit manual;
- Contribute to the preparation of external audits as per Regional Audit teams instructions.
Contribute to the implementation safety & security guidelines, in particular SOP & plans in the area:
- Draft and regularly update area security documents
- Draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) adapted to the local context
- Draft regularly update and ensure preparedness (check contingency kits, first aid kits etc.). to evacuation and contingency plans for the area
- Fill in and regularly update the Risk Analysis Matrix (threat, likelihood, impact, level of vulnerability, level of risk) for the area
- Set up and control the implementation of mitigation measures and security rules according to the local context and ensure compliance with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS)
- Carry out security assessments of new ACTED facilities, ensure a standard level of facilities protection, and supervise guards.
- Produce real-time incidents report (using Form SEC-03)
- Attend security coordination meetings in the area if requested by the Area Coordinator
Lead logistics teams at area level, coordinate and facilitate access to information within the area FLAT teams:
- Plan & conduct logistics staff recruitments & appraisals in close coordination with the CLM; train & build capacities of logistics staff in the area; identify staff with potential, and contribute to internal mobility strategy;
- Lead coordination between the logistics team in the area and Project Managers, Technical coordinators, Area coordinators and Sub-Area coordinators to facilitate effective, efficient and timely program implementation.
- Represent ACTED with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.)
- Actively participate in area level coordination meetings by reporting on progress;
- Contribute to donor proposals, budgets and reports in close coordination with the CLM and the Area Coordinator;
- Support any other area/office if requested by the Country Logistics Manager;
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.
- BA or MA Degree in Logistics
- 2 years of prior experience in Logistics
- The ability and prior experience in project management including Human resources, logistics follow up, reporting,
- Proven ability in strategic coordination with multiple and multilevel partners and stakeholders across the project areas
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including Cover Letter, CV’s and references to: [email protected] under Ref: ALM/NIA.
Application Deadline: 12th July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.