ActionAid Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2020/2021 Portal Update.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world.
ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Advisor
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Line Management: None
Contract: Fixed term
- The position holder will contribute to maintaining adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports.
- S / he will be responsible for timely processing of funds for programme activities for AAN and contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of the organisation.
- Daily input of all payment vouchers into SUN Accounting system and processing of cash and bank payment vouchers.
- Daily Treasury report on all bank accounts and monitor balances for Management decision.
- Document, control and secure Accounting Records.
- Monitor bank and investment accounts
- Investigate, follow up and clear all reconciling items.
- Maintenance of Petty cash (GBP, USD, NGN) payment and ledger reconciliation.
- Ensure that petty cash balances are paid back into AAN Bank accounts at the end of the year latest 31st December.
- Preparation of Country Director Expenditure for quarterly report to AAN Board Chair
- Liaise with banks on all banking operations.
- Preparation of monthly withholding tax schedule for remittance.
- Receipt of cash and cheque payment to AAN
- Provide monthly exchange rate operations
- Issuance and disbursement of cheques upon approval by authorized personnel
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager.
- First degree in Accounting / Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least four (4) years post NYSC
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Sound Practical Knowledge of accounting software and Spreadsheets finance person
- Development sector experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Knowledge of the SUN Software is an added advantage
Skills / Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal & negotiation skills
- High sense of Integrity
- Ability to work well with minimum supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High integrity
- Ability to work extra hours as may be required
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
CLICK HERE for more information.
- Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. The job will require candidates who live in Abuja or Lagos as detailed in the attached.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the title of position applied and location for e.g. Face to Face Fundraiser – Abuja.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.