Apply for Airport Terminal Manager Vacancy at Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two (MMA2);
Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited – Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two LOS – Referred to as ‘MMA2’ is a state-of-the-art passenger terminal that started operations in May 2007. The terminal serves the Nigerian State of Lagos and its capital city. MMA2 is operated by BASL (Bi-Courtney Services Ltd.).
Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal Two (MMA2) is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Airport Terminal Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Responsible to: CEO
- Responsible for the overall operation of the MMA2 airport terminal, ensuring Budget targets are achieved; customer requirements are met and exceeded in accordance with contracted service level agreements.
- Ensure close customer contact and management of the airport personnel such that the highest operational standards are achieved especially with regard to Company and Airport Health and Safety Policies and other governing bodies, among other duties.
- Also expected to be in charge of the various aspects of the terminal operations, and should have strong knowledge of the issues pertaining to the facility; communicate and execute solutions in a very effective manner; must ensure that relevant local, state, and federal regulations are met, as well as promote and encourage safety; should have experience in scheduling work, shop organization operations, and engines/operating systems.
- To deliver and exceed Budget contribution targets.
- To manage and supervise the smooth running of the day to day operation at your respective airport.
- To ensure regular customer contact locally ensuring all issues are dealt with in a proactive and positive approach.
- To ensure that you deal with, in a timely manner, all aspects of Recruitment, Health and Safety, Training, Performance Management and all Company Policies including Grievance, Disciplinary and Equal Opportunities to ensure that the needs of the business are met, seeking support from the respective senior management team where necessary.
- To play a proactive part in meeting the Company Business objectives.
- To comply with all reporting requirements with regard to financial performance and the Company’s Quality Management System.
- Ensure relevant administration duties required daily, weekly, monthly as completed according to procedures.
- To ensure compliance to relevant Quality standards.
- To ensure your direct manager is informed of all business critical issues at all times such that quality, safety and financial performance is understood by the senior management at all times.
- Management, support and development of the staff at your base, identifying training requirements as appropriate.
- Direct transportation activities to maintain efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor budget, operational metrics, and compliance throughout terminal.
- Oversee the entire terminal, including driver and dispatch personnel.
- Handle customer complaints and revise processes to improve service.
- Daily review of operational performance, structure and staffing levels to ensure excellent service delivery.
- Management of budget for your base to ensure optimum performance both financially and operationally.
- Any other duties as may be requested from time to time in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Skills and Qualification Requirements
- First degree in Engineering field or any related course of study.
- A Masters’ degree in the same. Professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience
- The individual for this role should have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with customers and staff in a positive and motivational manner.
- They will need the ability to react quickly to given situations, using innovative, creative solutions and be prepared and willing to operate with a ‘hands on’ approach as the business demands.
- Must provide a full 10 year checkable work history. Candidates must have no unspent criminal convictions.
- Proven experience gained in Aviation, Ground Handling or similar industry
- Ability to understand, prepare and manage station cost and revenue budgets
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Full cleandriving license
- They should have a good working knowledge of IT encompassing but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of NCAA and ICAO regulations and relevant Nigerian aviation legislations.
- Understanding of Safety Management System principles.
- High level of computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Packages.
- Tertiary qualification covering Airport Operations and/or Planning or demonstrated relevant aviation experience.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Extensive experience in a similar position at a regional or major airport.
- Demonstrated skill in leading a dynamic team and driving operational compliance.
Key Performance Indicators
- Satisfy NCAA compliance during Annual Audit – minimize Requests for Corrective Actions.
- Continuously identify ways to improve implementation of operational processes.
- Conduct monthly Safety Observation reports.
- Demonstrated improvement in corporate safety culture amongst the Operations Team through achieving corporate Safety Targets.
- Foster constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Continually identify and implement ways to provide cost savings/benefits to the Operations Department through more efficient processes.
- Provide input to Operational board reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a soft copy of their Cover letter and Resume to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 18th October, 2016.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.